Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time Coming October 27

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time Coming October 27

The next installment of the Ratchet & Clank series, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time will hit North American retail shelves on October 27, a Twitter update from developer Insomniac Games reveals [http://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/3584461740].

So far release dates for the rest of the world have yet to be revealed, but North American PlayStation 3 owners have a number of pre-order bonuses to choose from depending on which retailer they opt to snag their copy of the game from.

Ordering the game from Amazon will net you "two of Ratchet's most bolt-centric power-ups (the Box Basher and Bolt Magnetizer) and 5,000 bolts to help jump start your galactic bank account," while ordering from Game Crazy will give you access to "a custum Hot Rod ship skin, 5000 free bolts, and custom avatar."

Best Buy and GameStop also have special pre-order bonuses, the former offering "an exclusive weapon skin for one of Ratchet's weapons. You will also start the game with extra hit points, and Ratchet's brand new Cryo Mine Glove, a weapon that freezes enemies," while the latter offers "the Insomniac Moon, a special level that resembles the layout of the Insomniac offices. Scattered through this museum-like level, players will discover a moon's worth of extra content."

As with most pre-order bonuses, these special additions can by yours by simply plunking down $5 to $10 and telling the retailer of your choosing that you'd like them to hold a copy of A Crack In Time when it arrives.

Apr 28, 2008
October eh. It seems I won't be spending as much time with Brutal Legend than I thought.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
I'll play it the proper way, without all these bonuses. The only bonuses I use are the 'previous games' bonuses in Ratchet and Clank 2 and 3

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Short notice isn't it?

Doesn't matter for me anyway I suppose, what with no PS3. Just a Wii and 360 that just went red light for the first time. *sighs*

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Pre-order bonuses that ALTER THE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU BUY GAMES?

This shit is getting WAAAAAAAY out of control. An extra map or two was ok. This isn't.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Noooooo.
You cant release this in the midst of Borderlands, COD:MW2, Operation Flashpoint and Assassins Creed 2 !

Only joking, I've taken on two jobs so I can hopefully afford them all on release days :)
Cause Ratchet and Clank warrants a release day purchase, I find it impossible to hate a game that FUN.
It may seem simplistic and childish but I urge anyone unfamiliar to the series, or anyone picking up a reduced price PS3 to play at least ONE R&C game.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
I'm sad that I'll never play this.
Only on PS3. Hrumph.

Godammit, I love the series.
I'm with you. My tear ducts ran out of moisture a long time ago... and why? BECAUSE I COULDN'T AFFORD A 600 DOLLAR CONSOLE AT THE TIME!!!! And now the price has dropped making me cry all the more. I should save up...

walls of cetepedes

Jul 12, 2009
grimsprice said:
Fat Man Spoon said:
Only on PS3. Hrumph.

I'm with you. My tear ducts ran out of moisture a long time ago... and why? BECAUSE I COULDN'T AFFORD A 600 DOLLAR CONSOLE AT THE TIME!!!! And now the price has dropped making me cry all the more. I should save up...
Same here, I didn't have £400 spare.
And yes, now with the price drop, I may be able to get one...

Zoibie

May 13, 2009
scotth266 said:
Pre-order bonuses that ALTER THE GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU BUY GAMES?

This shit is getting WAAAAAAAY out of control. An extra map or two was ok. This isn't.
I think everyone will get these bonuses as they play through the game anyway, some just get them sooner than others

stone0042

Apr 10, 2009
Fat Man Spoon said:
Only on PS3. Hrumph.

I feel your pain, this series is the only reason i ever regret choosing a 360 over a PS3, seeing as the Jak and Daxter series has no PS3 counterpart, as far as i know.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Omigod, I loved the Insomniac Museum, they practically gave me Insomnia itself! I explored the museum for hours at a time, playing with the little things that didn't make it into the game.

Lucky you, Gamestop, you get my damn $5.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
AWESOME must put on my christmas list OR i could get a job....hmmmm wel TRY to find one anyway.