#070 - Marching Orders

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
If you're not going to take care of yourself, your delusions will do it for you.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Erin's personality gets a little more balanced with each new character that moves in with her.

HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!

Edit: Actually, on that note, it'd be interesting to see what happens if a Silent Protagonist character moves in. :3

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I certainly don't want to piss off a genetically enhanced super soldier that gives me that look.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
What's that on the table? Smokes, some rolling papers, I thought I saw a razor blade...

Erin needs more help than even Gunny can dish out himself.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
For some reason, I keep thinking that Gunny sounds like Bird Person from Rick and Morty.

The Harkinator

Did something happen?
Jun 2, 2010
Still convinced that Gunny is the part of Erin's mind that's trying to save her from her current situation.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I like the idea that every character that moves in is actually a part of her conscience manifesting itself. Rad was her first coping mechanism, basically there to keep the ol' socialization wheels turning. Gunny probably manifests her ignored guilt - although I'd be less concerned with working out, at this point, than I would be with cleaning up her apartment, taking care of the pile of late or overdue letters - and maybe getting the heck out to buy some groceries.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
The comic is amusing but I am left wondering... Where is Murderbat in all of this? Scooping out new crimes for him and Gunny to fight?

BX3

Mar 7, 2011
Aannnd got the content warning anyway.

I gotta admit. I laughed pretty hard. Goddammit, Escapist.
http://i.imgur.com/FaQHw.png

RTR said:
For some reason, I keep thinking that Gunny sounds like Bird Person from Rick and Morty.
Y'know, I always imagined him with the voice of Lt. Smith from Red vs Blue... but now that you say that, Bird Guy's voice also fits scarily well.

Also, because I like talking about this type of stuff, I also hear Roger Craig Smith as Rad (for obvious reasons) and Monica Rial as this version of Erin.

vallorn said:
The comic is amusing but I am left wondering... Where is Murderbat in all of this? Scooping out new crimes for him and Gunny to fight?
Maybe he was scared off by the... food(?)... that Erin was eating.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
It occurs to me that Erin actually looks pretty damn amazing for someone who just sits around getting stoned all day and who's diet consists of leftover Chinese food.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I believe now we're going to test out Gunny's crotch armor. It appears they don't teach you to never piss off a woman in Superhuman Soldier School

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
canadamus_prime said:
It occurs to me that Erin actually looks pretty damn amazing for someone who just sits around getting stoned all day and who's diet consists of leftover Chinese food.
I was thinking the same thing, actually, though looking at her again, compared to her CM self this version actually looks somewhat emaciated. Her eyes have that line effect that reminds me of when I was anorexic as a kid, and her limbs are really scrawny. I imagine that her new reclusive lifestyle probably means that, while all she eats is junk, she's eating a lot less of it.

Hence her love of obscenely old takeout, perhaps: a trait that even the most slovenly of slackers tends to lack. XD

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
What's that on the table? Smokes, some rolling papers, I thought I saw a razor blade...
To the totally untrained eye, you understand..:
I see lighter; packet of skins; grinder (lid off and sitting to the side); and something collecting the ground weed plus half the last doob. Gotta put it somewhere when you're having some scran.