Victor Frankenstein - Fittingly, a Hacked-Together, Heartless Corpse of a Film

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Victor Frankenstein - Fittingly, a Hacked-Together, Heartless Corpse of a Film

Victor Frankenstein is an attempt to re-tell the story of Frankenstein and Igor - but fails at almost every turn.

Read Full Article

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Well, this is disappointing to hear Victor Frankenstein is a dud. McAvoy and Radcliffe looked they had so much fun in their roles! Maybe it would have been better if it focused more on ethics in science and technology today.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Silentpony said:
Aww I liked Van Helsing. It was amazingly corny and such a popcorn movie!
Yeah, I remember having lot of fun in it. It was stupid, but enjoyably so.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
I know saying Van Helsing is a better adaption is said somewhat in jest but honestly it's one of the few adaptions of the work where the creature is actually a person with intelligence as opposed to a big lumbering grr grr monster. Even if the creature still looks like and is created in a fashion simpler to the Karloff version which, eh. Most Frankenstein films aren't adapting the book, they're adapting the 1931 film. Which is a shame, not saying works inspired by the 1931 film are inherently bad, but the creature in the book is more interesting than the version we usually see. Same with Victor Frankenstein himself.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I thought it was an excellent movie. It's a type of movie I don't even care for and McAvoy and Radcliffe kept me engaged and interested through the entire thing. It might even find its way into my collection at some point. Is it spectacular? No. But it certainly isn't bad either. I doubt it will be anyone's vote for film of the year, but it's absolutely an enjoyable movie.

MetalheroDamien

Blackwing Hybrid Hero
Mar 25, 2010
spartan231490 said:
I thought it was an excellent movie. It's a type of movie I don't even care for and McAvoy and Radcliffe kept me engaged and interested through the entire thing. It might even find its way into my collection at some point. Is it spectacular? No. But it certainly isn't bad either. I doubt it will be anyone's vote for film of the year, but it's absolutely an enjoyable movie.
If you saw Last Witchhunter, how did you feel about that? Just trying to get a useful (to me) opinion.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
MetalheroDamien said:
spartan231490 said:
If you saw Last Witchhunter, how did you feel about that? Just trying to get a useful (to me) opinion.
Witch Hunter is exactly my type of movie, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It could have been better, a couple of the subplots didn't seem terribly well formulated, and the main plot wasn't anything ground-breaking either, but I thought it was well executed. I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out. I might even go watch it again in theaters. Again, I wouldn't call it film of the year, but I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoys action movies.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Pretty much what I had heard about it. The local newspaper reviewer said that his young son really wanted to see the movie so he took him with him to go see it...and his son fell asleep before the half-way mark.

MetalheroDamien

Blackwing Hybrid Hero
Mar 25, 2010
spartan231490 said:
MetalheroDamien said:
spartan231490 said:
Witch Hunter is exactly my type of movie, and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It could have been better, a couple of the subplots didn't seem terribly well formulated, and the main plot wasn't anything ground-breaking either, but I thought it was well executed. I'll definitely be buying it when it comes out. I might even go watch it again in theaters. Again, I wouldn't call it film of the year, but I'd recommend it to anyone that enjoys action movies.
Okay then! You have just demonstrated that I will probably enjoy Victor Frankenstien, because that was pretty much my feelings on LWH.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
MetalheroDamien said:
spartan231490 said:
MetalheroDamien said:
spartan231490 said:
Okay then! You have just demonstrated that I will probably enjoy Victor Frankenstien, because that was pretty much my feelings on LWH.
Haha, glad I could help. But now I want to go see LWH again. Wonder if it's still playing here.

sumanoskae

Dec 7, 2007
"You know what we need? We need Victor Frankenstein to be an action hero. The material lends itself to a lighthearted action adventure romp!"

Oh my goodness, who ever could have predicted this tragedy?

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
I'll probably go see it anyway because I like James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliffe. Hell, I like weird eclectic movies that tend to bomb (i.e. How to be a Serial Killer)

Batou667

Oct 5, 2011
I honestly can't think of a more dreary pairing than McAvoy and Radcliffe - especially nowadays when Daniel Radcliffe is becoming the new Elijah "One Expression" Wood (the experession being "anguished concern mixed with emo angst").

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
It's compared to Van Helsing for quality and level of seriousness of plot? Sweet, I'm going to go watch the shit out of it then. Thanks for the endorsement of the movie! xD