Things Get Stabby in First Game of Thrones Season Six Teaser

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
Things Get Stabby in First Game of Thrones Season Six Teaser

[youtube="IxI8aPISq8I"

"The past is already written. The ink is dry."

When we last checked in with Game of Thrones, we were all losing our collective sh*t over the apparent death of Jon Snow, the most certain death of Stannis Baratheon, and the re-animation of Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane, among other things.

(Author's note: I suppose that intro could've come with a SPOILERS tag, but if you clicked on a "Game of Thrones Season Six Teaser" article without having seen the Season Five Finale, you got what you deserved.)

But with the demise of Jon Snow still looming over our heads, the first of what one assumes will be many teaser trailers for the sixth season of Game of Thrones arrived last night, opening on a long, stoic shot of the former Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Is he alive? Is he dead? We know nothing.

From there, the teaser is basically a highlight reel of the show's many, many deaths: the Red Wedding, the Purple Wedding, Ned Stark's beheading, that baby who was turned into a White Walker...the list goes on and on, but not before Bran Stark stops by to throw a thinly-veiled jab at readers of the books, promising us that, "They have no idea what's going to happen."

Winter is coming, but unfortunately for us, Game of Thrones doesn't arrive until the Spring (specifically, April).

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Didn't really see much of anything new. Was the trailer just a cut and paste job from previous seasons?

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Some may remark over how old Bran and the other child actors have become, but I'd like to think that each GoT season takes place within the course of a single year, so the character aging would kind of makes sense.

I'm looking forward to the next season, though I'm worried how capable the writers are in continuing the story that George R.R. Martin hasn't even finished yet.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Jon dying followed immediately by Bran warging? Hm...somehow I don't think that's a coincidence.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Lightknight said:
Didn't really see much of anything new. Was the trailer just a cut and paste job from previous seasons?
Well if Bran's obvious time-warging powers have anything to say about it, this whole season will be a cut and paste of the previous ones.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
The priests of the fire god are the only people who have been established to have the power of resurrection; Melissandre's arrival at the Wall at about the time of Jon Snow's betrayal is undoubtedly less than a coincidence.

It's hard not to take "The past is already written. The ink is dry." as a bit of a "We have access to Martin's story outline and you don't, ha ha."

C'mon, Martin, spit it out already.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Let's see if HBO can pull a good season out of their asses with this one. The last seasons of GoT and True Detective were fucking terrible.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Fappy said:
Let's see if HBO can pull a good season out of their asses with this one. The last seasons of GoT and True Detective were fucking terrible.
I'm sorry, but where is your multi-million dollar show spanning 6+ seasons, tons of merchandise, and millions of fan followers? I'd like to see if it too is "fucking terrible". Oh, what's that? It doesn't exist? Well, then it already is "fucking terrible". Hmmmm......

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Deathfish15 said:
Fappy said:
I'm sorry, but where is your multi-million dollar show spanning 6+ seasons, tons of merchandise, and millions of fan followers? I'd like to see if it too is "fucking terrible". Oh, what's that? It doesn't exist? Well, then it already is "fucking terrible". Hmmmm......
Struck a nerve there, did I?

It's called an opinion. People on the internet have them.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Callate said:
The priests of the fire god are the only people who have been established to have the power of resurrection; Melissandre's arrival at the Wall at about the time of Jon Snow's betrayal is undoubtedly less than a coincidence.
Exactly this. Ser Davros is also at The Wall, and he knows all too well how important Jon Snow is to the fate of Westeros. He's going to make an uneasy alliance with Melissandre (who wants Snow alive for his royal bloodline anyway) and they'll revive him pretty quickly.

Not only that, but now that Jon has died, he'd be released from his Night's Watch vows, would he not?

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
So the guy doing the voice over, anyone else dis-appointed when he didn't start talking about the dragon born?

Didn't the actor who played Jon Snow (Kit Harrington?) state that he was no longer in the series?
Nope. He's been spotted on the GOT set, now that may be because he was filming some close out stuff to his character arc but even so he is still in the show for now.

I am just interested in what going to happen with the next book if the TV show now clearly overtakes it, which it will do with the new Season.