First Yakuza 6 Trailer Released

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
First Yakuza 6 Trailer Released

Start the long process of waiting for the localization.

SEGA has released the first trailer for the latest installment of their open world crime action series, Yakuza. Announced at Tokyo Game Show early this year and expected to launch in Japan in 2016, Yakuza 6 will be the first in the franchise to be developed exclusively for PlayStation 4.

The video features some environmental footage, depicting the streets of Shinjuku, a convenience store, and empty cafes. This is followed by a bit of the game's signature brutal hand-to-hand combat, and shots of rooftop exploration.

[gallery=5203]

The trailer arrives just a week following the launch of Yakuza 5 on PlayStation Network in North America and Europe, localized more than three years following its Japanese release. And the western world is still a full game behind in the series, with the prequel chapter Yakuza 0 (released in 2014 in Japan) planned to arrive in the US next year.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-14-heres-your-first-look-at-yakuza-6]

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I?m honestly curios here: Are there any rules to what announcements make it to news section of the escapist?

Because I think Yakuza is pretty "obscure". Hell: 0 won't make it to my region at all.
Yet the Ace Combat 7 announcement from the PlayStation Experience isn?t on the escapist despite support of VR which is kind of novelty on consoles and could be really awesome as the head tracking in PC sims such as FSX proved!

And hey if you feel like burning your hands on something:

Goodgame Studios fired 28 employees for trying to set up a works council in collaboration with the labor union Verdi.
Mind you this action is outright illegal in Germany.
Of course Goodgame says that these employees were let go because of a deficit in performance. It?s a mere coincidence that all of them were part in the organization of the works council vote?
And hey they even fired one guy that is disabled. Which is even more illegal because they have special work protection.

Aside from German news outlets this seems to have gone by unnoticed by the English speaking world despite Goodgame operating globally obviously.

Oh and just for the icing on the cake: Goodgame pays horribly and only gives minimum vacation.
Yet maintains the image of a super successful modern start up with fantasy like working conditions.

FillerDmon

Jun 6, 2014
You can't freaking name a single game in which the ability to sidle through the crack of a building, being able to walk over a pipe, or empty stores filled with realistic as hell looking items, can be points on a trailer, except in Yakuza.

I fucking love this series.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Ishigami said:
I?m honestly curios here: Are there any rules to what announcements make it to news section of the escapist?

Because I think Yakuza is pretty "obscure". Hell: 0 won't make it to my region at all.
Yet the Ace Combat 7 announcement from the PlayStation Experience isn?t on the escapist despite support of VR which is kind of novelty on consoles and could be really awesome as the head tracking in PC sims such as FSX proved!
Yakuza is "obscure" sure, but its still a pretty popular series. Its availability is hurt by its PS exclusivity. Not saying it should make it over to the Xbox work help, as Japan centered games don't generally sell on MS consoles, but PC releases would help.

There's always people wanting the Yakuza games to be released in the West. Its got a decent core fan base. It getting an article makes a lot of sense actually.