Wolf Link Amiibo Will be Sold Seperately

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Wolf Link Amiibo Will be Sold Seperately

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1002/1002101.png
You won't have to buy The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD to get your hands on the cool new Wolf Link amiibo.

So while Zelda fans did have some disappointment in 2015, with news that the Wii U Zelda wouldn't be coming until 2016, one of the surprise good news announcements was a HD remaster of Twilight Princess [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/161417-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-HD-Coming-to-Wii-U], releasing on March 4, 2016. Additionally, the game would come packaged with a super sweet Wolf Link amiibo, complete with Midna riding on top.

We had previously believed the amiibo to be exclusive to this bundle, but now it looks like you'll be able to purchase him separately , if you don't want to buy the game. Nintendo has updated its product certification listing [http://cpsia.nintendo.com/103146/103146.pdf] for a version of the amiibo sans game. Indeed, if you follow the link, you'll see that the reference image is consistent with all of the other stand-alone amiibos out there.

There is no indication on whether or not the individual amiibo will launch at the same time as the bundle. Previously bundled amiibos have all eventually gone on to see individual release, so it may be a period of "timed exclusivity" to the bundle for Wolf Link.

Source: Nintendo [http://cpsia.nintendo.com/103146/103146.pdf]

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
I must have missed the Twilight Princess HD announcement. And it comes with an Amiibo, you say? It's like Nintendo knows that I'm hooked on those things... >.> Ah well, not like I wouldn't have bought it anyway; I (somehow) missed Twilight Princess back when it first came out.

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
Ooooh, I missed the announcement about an HD remake as well! That's awesome!

Oh, the amiibo thing is cool I guess but yay HD remakes! It'll look good next to my HD copy of Okami. I'll have to tell my buddy about the Amiibo thing tho; he's like crazy into them.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
We had previously believed the amiibo to be exclusive to this bundle
I never believed this for a second. They didn't announce either way before, they just mentioned it would be available in the bundle. Given they've no history of bundle-exclusive Amiibo in the past and the fact they never said it would be exclusive, it didn't even occur to me (and I suspect to many people) that it might be.

P.S. Thanks

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
I wouldn't be too hyped about the HD, from what they showed it didn't look all that impressive :/ (I'll still get it though...)

Sampler

He who is not known
May 5, 2008
Can they port Skyward Sword (maybe without the game breaking bug) - I never got around to finishing it before emigrating and copies in Australia are almost as rare as finding an Australian with a good work ethic..

Elvaril

Dec 31, 2010
I'm glad they incorporated the actual support into the design of this amiibo rather than going with that clear support that several amiibo such as Sheik possessed. There are ways to incorporate the support into the design and still look good. Heroclix has been doing it for years.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Sampler said:
Can they port Skyward Sword (maybe without the game breaking bug) - I never got around to finishing it before emigrating and copies in Australia are almost as rare as finding an Australian with a good work ethic..
Theyre pretty rare in the states as well.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Covarr said:
Steven Bogos said:
We had previously believed the amiibo to be exclusive to this bundle
I never believed this for a second. They didn't announce either way before, they just mentioned it would be available in the bundle. Given they've no history of bundle-exclusive Amiibo in the past and the fact they never said it would be exclusive, it didn't even occur to me (and I suspect to many people) that it might be.

P.S. Thanks
Isn't the giant yarn yoshi exclusive to the bundled version of Yoshis Wooly World?

sonicneedslovetoo

Jul 6, 2015
How much do you think this one is gonna be scalped for in the US? 50$? 100$? I stopped giving a shit about Amiibo's the second I found out how hardcore they were being resold and how little Nintendo gave a shit about it.

krystalphoenix

Sep 5, 2015
As much as I would like to get this, by the time I remember to get amiibos they are usually hard to find and damned expensive.