New X-Files Images and Footage Will Creep You Out

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
New X-Files Images and Footage Will Creep You Out

I want to believe...that this will be better than the last couple seasons of the show's original run.

With Star Wars: The Force Awakens capturing the breadth of our attention in recent weeks, it's easy to forget about the other movie/TV entities returning from a long hiatus. Not only did David Lynch's [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165608-Teaser-Trailer-Twin-Peaks-Returns-in-2017] release an ominous teaser trailer recently, but now, The X-Files has done one better, dropping a massive gallery of new images and a 21-minute featurette to hype its return to the small screen.

It may have been 13 years since The X-Files closed its last case, but the "Re-Opened" featurette argues that the show will be picking up right where it left off -- albeit in a six-part miniseries. Featuring loads of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with show creator Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, and even new stars like Joel McHale, "Re-Opened" is a must-see for X-Files fans hoping to see what Mulder and Scully have been up to ahead of the show's return on January 24th.

A few things we've learned? Well...(SPOILERS)

1. Mulder and Scully have broken up.
2. They have given up their baby for adoption (!!)
3. Several more memorable characters (The Cigarette-Smoking Man chief among them) will be returning.
4. The first and last episodes of the miniseries will focus on the show's mythology.
5. The series premiere, "My Struggle", centers on Mulder (David Duchovny) and Scully (Gillian Anderson) investigating Annet Mahendru's character, who is believed to be a "possible alien abductee," according to Joel McHale's character, a conservative talk show host who gives Mulder and Scully the tip to investigate her.

And not only that, but Fox has also released a plethora of new images from the upcoming series. The majority of them, as you might expect, are creepier than the average episode of Salad Fingers [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3iOROuTuMA]. Check them out below, then make sure to tune into the X-Files premiere (re-premiere?) on January 24th on Fox.

[gallery=5274]

Source: Arrow In The Head [http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/this-x-files-image-gallery-will-give-you-the-heebie-jeebies-175]

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012

We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!

Today we celebrate our New Years Eve!

In all honesty, this one must've landed in Texas. You don't mess with Texas, or Celts. Never underestimate a Celt.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
first i was skeptical but after seeing this video, i think they do a good job. so yeah, im excited. just dont know if it will air at the same in in australia. otherwise i can always get the dvd once available.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I don't know, granted I didn't watch the whole vid since its 20 min and I'm doing stuff, but xfiles was always at its best when it was just a monster of the week type show. It's overarching plot episodes tended to be rather tedious since it always came down to "it was aliens".

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
They keep talking about the filler episodes, those are the least interesting. I would rather have a 13 episode season that is 100% serialized than a 26 episode series that is mostly filler episodes.