8 Games to Liven Up Your New Year's Party

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Games to Liven Up Your New Year's Party

Looking for some games to keep your New Year's guests entertained? Give these eight a try!

Read Full Article

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Looks like a couple of great party games, but I wouldn't know since I haven't played them.
Got to get me those consoles first. And some friends. A partner.
Oh and a dog too. Maybe a driver's license and car as well.

Still, I have fond memories of playing Mario Kart 64 and Mortal Kombat (the first, or was it the second..)

TMI? FML!

I have to say though that I really enjoy some of these lists.
It's very varied, broad, up & down.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
You'd have much more fun playing Knife In The Dark (a slight misnomer), a game in which you basically remove all pointed furniture from the living room, grab a cushion each, flip the lights off and run around pounding the stuffing out of one another. Good times.

Sep 9, 2007
And I'll most likely be playing Grim Dawn, because I have no particular new years eve plans at all. I've got a day of board gaming lined up for new years day though, if that counts.

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
I'm surprised there's no Mario Party on here but then again, that's better reserved for the "most likely to get the police called" list. :p

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
It's just too bad that list is entirely unnecessary seeing as how once you start playing Mario Kart and/or Smash Bros. that's all you'll be doing all night.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Odd Pikmin 3 isn't on the list. Great game. I'm thinking of getting Zombie U on Amazon. Cheap. Watchdogs too.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Probably says something that when I think of "video games for parties", I think of F-Zero X and GoldenEye 007.

Namely, that I'm not that much fun at parties.

Hyperstorm

Nov 27, 2013
I personally would have included Singstar on the list just because karoake plus drunks will always be a timeless classic.

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
A non-video game that I love to bust out at parties is one I learned from my parents at a young age, called 'Consequences'.
All you need are as many pieces of paper and pens as you have participants.

First, write a man's name. Could be someone you know, or a famous person, a fictional character, whatever. then fold the piece of paper over so it obscures the name and pass it to the next person.
Then a woman's name, as above.
Then where they met.
What he said to her.
She said to him.
Where they went.
And the consequences of this.

So you end up with a bunch of non-sequitor stories to read out. The stories are either whimsical, bizarre or Cards against humanity levels of offensive, depending on what your friends are like.

Example story:

The Dark Lord Sauron met Princess Leia at a Roller Disco. He said to her: "Radishes make me burp." She responded with: "No, there weren't any spiders in it." They went to the bottom of the Mariana trench and as a result, they lost all their blood in a bet.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
Hyperstorm said:
I personally would have included Singstar on the list just because karoake plus drunks will always be a timeless classic.
I definitely would have had that or, in my 360 preference, Lips.

Also, DDR instead of Dance Central???? Something in the list is wrong.

BONUS:
The best drinking game is WiiFit... just trust me.