Lightning Models For Louis Vuitton's Final Fantasy Inspired Line

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Lightning Models For Louis Vuitton's Final Fantasy Inspired Line

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1024/1024827.pngFinal Fantasy XIII's Lightning has returned to modeling, this time for Louis Vuitton's spring collection.

Let's say you're Lightning, protagonist of the Final Fantasy XIII series. You've saved the world, fought through multiple sequels, and even crossed dimensional boundaries <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128207-Final-Fantasy-XIVs-Latest-Event-Features-Lightning>for a Final Fantasy XIV event. But with <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132273-Lightning-Could-Appear-in-Future-Final-Fantasys>no new game appearances on the horizon, what can you do next? Apparently, the answer is return to the fashion industry and take up modeling. That's right - if you look at promo materials for Louis Vuitton's spring collection, you'll find Lightning sporting a wide variety of new outfits.

This isn't the first time Lightning has "modeled" for the fashion industry - a sci-fi version Pulp Fiction's Mia Wallace.)

Lightning herself appears to have a prominent place in the line, complete with multiple outfits and accessories in recent advertisements. Perhaps that's appropriate, given Ghesquiere's Instagram posts which state: "Reality and fantasy become one". It's not clear whether Lightning's outfits are a central part of the entire line, but her pink motorcycle jacket, black skirt, and sandals have appeared on a real world model during a recent fashion show.

[gallery=5275]

This sort of thing is increasingly normal in a world where <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133441-Cortana-Becomes-Official-For-Windows-Phone-8-1>Halo's Cortana also supports Microsoft products, but it's still a little strange to see gaming characters bleed into high fashion. But hey, if there are any Final Fantasy players out there who also happen to be Louis Vuitton customers, they'll probably have a field day with this spring collection.

Source: Quartz

[instagram=_uutvxq4WB]

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Of all Final Fantasy ladies, of ALL OF THEM, they picked the most boring one. Goddamnit, Final Fantasy VII is overused, but I'd rather see Aerith and Tifa as models. Or, prefferably, Yuna, but FFX is not as famous.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Well, Japan. No surprise here.

I don't have a problem with Lightning, and she is a pretty character, so I guess it works out. I mean, if Gendo Ikari can sell shaving cream, then why not?

Michael Tabbut

May 22, 2013
Mister K said:
Of all Final Fantasy ladies, of ALL OF THEM, they picked the most boring one. Goddamnit, Final Fantasy VII is overused, but I'd rather see Aerith and Tifa as models. Or, prefferably, Yuna, but FFX is not as famous.
To be fair the last game ended in Paris, or a place with the fucking Eiffel Tower at the least. Regardless I do agree they could have chosen a better character.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
As typically creepy as this is, and as facepalmingly self indulgent of certain people; what is going on with the series 4 model?? It looks like they've accidentally rendered her lower half the wrong way round, her butt is on the wrong side!! Argh, i can't look at it anymore...it's hurting parts of my brain that i forgot i had.

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
Mister K said:
That's because they were going with the huge Japanese fan favorite female. Also, FF10 is a HUGE fan favorite game in Japan. Why do you think FF10 started the whole subseries stuff in the first place.

Plus this works better than what Nintendo did with Bayonetta and had a Playboy girl cosplay as her in Playboy Magazine to promote the game.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Is it me or do some of the pictures look a little off? Like the poses look unnatural or like she is badly Photoshopped into the clothing? Especially the one where she is holding the purse behind her head while looking back over her shoulder.

Otherwise, all I can say is: Why?

I mean, I don't even hate FFXIII, but I see no reason to use Lightning to advertise this. With the recently announced FFVII Remake, why not use Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, or even Elena for this? It feels like that would be more relevant. It would also work to earn Square money and advertise the game. Two birds with one stone.

KingdomFantasyXIII

Apr 4, 2012
Saltyk said:
Is it me or do some of the pictures look a little off? Like the poses look unnatural or like she is badly Photoshopped into the clothing? Especially the one where she is holding the purse behind her head while looking back over her shoulder.

Otherwise, all I can say is: Why?

I mean, I don't even hate FFXIII, but I see no reason to use Lightning to advertise this. With the recently announced FFVII Remake, why not use Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, or even Elena for this? It feels like that would be more relevant. It would also work to earn Square money and advertise the game. Two birds with one stone.
I believe it's because of three reasons:

1. The fashion guy (Nicolas Ghesqui?re) wanted Lightning and only Lightning

2. Sakurai already is doing the promotion with Smash

3. Japanese fans eat this up because she's a huge deal over there.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Xsjadoblayde said:
As typically creepy as this is, and as facepalmingly self indulgent of certain people; what is going on with the series 4 model?? It looks like they've accidentally rendered her lower half the wrong way round, her butt is on the wrong side!! Argh, i can't look at it anymore...it's hurting parts of my brain that i forgot i had.
It's the pattern on the shorts; they give a weird "rounding" illusion that makes it look like they're protruding when they're not. It bugs me too.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
I didn't know fashion was so into what homeless people and drifters are wearing right now. Bottom halves of black trash bags and hand wraps are in, people! (Seriously, if it wasn't for the dotted pattern...)

karkashan

Corrin Married Xander
May 4, 2009
You know, i can almost see Lightning taking up modelling in the new world (post LR) after she becomes more "Claire" again. I mean, just look at Lumina (ie an excised portion of her psyche) - I'm just saying it could fit, is all.

Like everyone else, I don't know if the outfit for Series 4 really... works, as an outfit. Then again, I'm the last woman anyone should talk to when it comes to what's fashionable.

praisegrima

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
It's funny this should drop, because since I'm working through FFX for the first time, I keep thinking how there a quite a few characters from X onward that look like rejects from a fashion show.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Some hint of a smile would do wonders.

It's kind of funny that the expressions feel to me like they say, "I am very uncomfortable and slightly annoyed about being forced to do this". Especially number 4 which says, "Just get it over with...". Can't blame her with that outfit.