War Never Changes, But Seasons Do In Fallout 4 Mod

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
War Never Changes, But Seasons Do In Fallout 4 Mod

An in-progress Fallout 4 Seasons mod proves the Commonwealth's post-apocalypse doesn't have to just be a dusty wasteland.

<a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/fallout%204?os=fallout+4>Are you enjoying Fallout 4, but really getting tired of its oppressive brown wasteland? If you have the PC version, you're in luck, thanks to Fallout 4 Seasons. Much like the title entails, this in-progress mod packages Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter visual themes, making your journey through the Commonwealth far more vibrant and colorful than the core game allows.

Fallout 4 Seasons is a compilation of mods produced by GameDuchess that offers a more natural feel to Bethesda's post-apocalypse. And before you argue plantlife couldn't thrive in a nuclear wasteland, you should know GameDuchess based this mod around photos of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. "Those places are extremely green and growing, with nature and animals there as much if not more than they were before the atomic bombs went off," GameDuchess said. "And it's been far less than 200 years."

For that reason, Fallout 4 Seasons' Spring fills the Commonwealth with grass, leavers, and flowers. The Summer season softens the green tone while throwing in some harvest crops. Fall darkens the leaves to shades of yellow and red. And finally, Winter strips the leaves entirely and covers the ground with a layer of snow. The shifts are so jarring, Fallout 4 Seasons almost looks like a completely different game instead of a visual reskin.

[gallery=5417]

The one thing Fallout 4 Seasons doesn't have are automatic season changes - you'll have to set your preferred time of year manually. Thankfully, GameDuchess does plan to add that feature once the Fallout 4 Creation Kit comes out later this year. Until then, you can grab the current version of the mod here.

Source: <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-13-seasons-mod-makes-fallout-4-look-like-the-last-of-us>Eurogamer

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
. . . When mods come to the Xbox One this will likely be one of the first. These look bloody amazing!

Sep 14, 2009
mmmm

me likey.

I'll have to add this to the list for when I play fallout 4 a second time later on. I want to wait until the creation kit comes out and mods are rolling out more, but damn bethesda is taking their sweet ass time.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Willinium said:
. . . When mods come to the Xbox One this will likely be one of the first. These look bloody amazing!
My thoughts exactly, well ps4 not xbox one, unfortunately I feel quite pessimistic in terms of what we'll get, stuff like dogmeat armor maybe, a mod that give the wasteland 4 distinctive apperance, doubtful.

Willinium

Jun 2, 2011
Dominic Crossman said:
Willinium said:
My thoughts exactly, well ps4 not xbox one, unfortunately I feel quite pessimistic in terms of what we'll get, stuff like dogmeat armor maybe, a mod that give the wasteland 4 distinctive apperance, doubtful.
. . . I actually would not be adverse to some weapon mods or perhaps a mod that lets you add any item to your inventory (I accidentally scrapped my Shishkebab) or letting you change the hue of your clothing. I would love being able to add ballistic weave to the Minutemen's General outfit as well. So I am really looking forward to these mods when they finally come out.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
Weird seeing this on escapist. Maybe because it's old news for most modders....?

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Willinium said:
Dominic Crossman said:
Willinium said:
. . . I actually would not be adverse to some weapon mods or perhaps a mod that lets you add any item to your inventory (I accidentally scrapped my Shishkebab) or letting you change the hue of your clothing. I would love being able to add ballistic weave to the Minutemen's General outfit as well. So I am really looking forward to these mods when they finally come out.
Sorry, was having a bad day, didn't mean to sound like I was hating on mods or fallout 4.
I love my vault suit, it's just a shame it's so outclassed by ballistic weave compatible clothing
Side note: A mod that allows you to get ballistic weave from a questline that can't be lost forever wouldn't go amiss. My original playthrough was played as if Shaun was number 1 priority which meant failing the ballistic weave questline (witbout knowing I was doing so).
Looking forward to mods of all types, just hope people don't get their hopes up too high as Bethesda might not let (or be able to put) a mod on consoles for various reasons.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
This will probably be the first mod I install once I get the game when the goty edition comes out (also by then the geck will be out and the modding community will be at full force). I'm kind of surprised bethesda didn't do it themselves, but they'd probably try to work it into the story somehow and it'd probably end up as a game-breaking buggy mess.

I've been surprised by how much buzz I've heard about modding on the consoles: I get the desire to have it, but I wonder if anyone is considering the possibility that modding a buggy bethesda game is probably a very easy way to corrupt data or brick a system. Hell, I'm on my third install of skyrim because I broke it with mods. Plus, you know sooner or later some mean ass programmer troll is going to try and make a mod that will specifically break consoles. It just doesn't seem worth the risk.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
Mods are getting better and better. Still waiting to get some value for that season pass though Bethesda...

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
I like it, this will be a big part of makeing servival mods for fallout4, now someone needs to mod changing temperatures for the changing days so you need water in the summer, and warm clothing in the winter.