8 Times Vegeta Screwed Everyone Over

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
8 Times Vegeta Screwed Everyone Over

Most of the biggest problems in the Dragon Ball universe have been caused by Vegeta...

Read Full Article

Sep 14, 2009
hahaha wow this came out of left field.

I must've randomly missed that episode that nappa comes back to life..I'm curious as to the context around it, because that youtube clip was brutally quick, which is rare as fuck when it comes to dbz fights.

As much as these are all bone headed moves, I can't still help but love vegeta...I'm sure I could find "8 times Vegeta proved he was a badass and the prince of all saiyans"

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Really all this does is prove that Dragon Ball Z is kind of stupid. Something that even most fans readily admit, it's not a surprise that Vegeta screws ever thing up on a reliable basis, Goku and the others also all do their fair share of stupid things to screw everything up. That's not exactly a surprise. There are really only two plot devices in Dragon Ball Z, power creep, a concept this series basically introduced, and the stubbornness/carelessness/impatience/incompetence/naivet?/outright stupidity of the cast. The only good thing is that at least it's fun to watch, but god are the plot devices obvious and simple.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
1) Ah, the early days of DBZ, when it took a blast of energy from your whole body to kill someone, and not just putting your hand out. Good times, good times.

I've always wanted to see a girl Super Saiyan, to be honest. I kept hoping that they'd find a way to bring on into the series, despite what the final entry shows.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"You'd think the Saiyans would have maybe colonized one or two of those planets they conquered?"

First, it's their HOME planet where they all live... So, uhm, how is it stupid that they all live there?

And concerning the quote; the godlike being Freeza that employs/enslaves them *sells* all those planets (which makes no sense to me, but it IS stated that he sells them). Every planet conquered is done on orders of Freeza, for a buyer (or Freeza's private collection I guess). And he's not gonna let them freelance or give them a free planet. ESPECIALLY since he secretly fears the super sayain legend he does not allow them to live elsewhere but bottled up on their original home.

The reason for that is simple (just watch the last DB movie, Resurrection 'F' or DB Super ep 27); if a Sayain turns out much stronger than him he just blows up the planet and insta wins. Since Freeza can breathe in space (???) and the others *can't* he will always win if he uses that cheat. Whilst you're watching, be sure to check out the Bardock special!!! :D

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
As much as these are all bone headed moves, I can't still help but love vegeta...I'm sure I could find "8 times Vegeta proved he was a badass and the prince of all saiyans"
They *have* to do this article next!!! Vegeta is the BEST! His pride and ability to work THE HARDEST of anyone to improve are amazing!

Goku is such a naive idiot it earns him death several times (lots of senzu's not withstanding). Goku was really more suited to the original DB saga's where he's a kid. He then STAYED a kid forever (ChiChi says this a billion times) who just likes to spar. So instead of fighting, he's always sparring. He kills like *twice* in ALL of the 400-ish episodes, and one of them is the bouncy monster in the Muscle Tower! Twice in many dozens of deathbattles...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Sniper Team 4 said:
1) Ah, the early days of DBZ, when it took a blast of energy from your whole body to kill someone, and not just putting your hand out. Good times, good times.

I've always wanted to see a girl Super Saiyan, to be honest. I kept hoping that they'd find a way to bring on into the series, despite what the final entry shows.
There is a decent chance we'll get to see one in Super after the Resurrection of Frieza arc. There have been very subtle hints, plus Pan is a thing (though she's an infant currently).

Chris Sabbat (Piccolo & Vegeta's English VA) has said the thing he wants to see most from Super is a female super saiyan.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Is Vegeta brother canon to the universe? I mean given he was added after the Freiza saga, it not a suprised Vegeta didn't tell anyone about him since he himself didn't know he had one until recently!

Also you forgot to mention he killed a dozen crowds from the tournament just to get Goku attention into seriously fighting him again!

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
The only thing that shocks me about this is that you only found 8 examples of Vegeta's pride doing him and nearly everyone else in. One of my favourite lines in TeamFourStar's DBZA for Vegeta is a quote that I feel is relevant to this discussion:

"You know, the funny thing is I know you're playing me, but you're right"

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Kenjitsuka said:
gmaverick019 said:
They *have* to do this article next!!! Vegeta is the BEST! His pride and ability to work THE HARDEST of anyone to improve are amazing!

Goku is such a naive idiot it earns him death several times (lots of senzu's not withstanding). Goku was really more suited to the original DB saga's where he's a kid. He then STAYED a kid forever (ChiChi says this a billion times) who just likes to spar. So instead of fighting, he's always sparring. He kills like *twice* in ALL of the 400-ish episodes, and one of them is the bouncy monster in the Muscle Tower! Twice in many dozens of deathbattles...
Suggestion noted ;)

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Fappy said:
Sniper Team 4 said:

There is a decent chance we'll get to see one in Super after the Resurrection of Frieza arc. There have been very subtle hints, plus Pan is a thing (though she's an infant currently).

Chris Sabbat (Piccolo & Vegeta's English VA) has said the thing he wants to see most from Super is a female super saiyan.
As far as I know, the reason there was never a female super saiyan in DBZ or DBGT[footnote]Even if he was mostly uninvolved with GT, Toriyama did do character designs for the main cast, uncluding Pan[/footnote], was because Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama never designed one. He also couldn't figure out what a female super saiyan should look like.

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
Chimpzy said:
Fappy said:
Sniper Team 4 said:

As far as I know, the reason there was never a female super saiyan in DBZ or DBGT[footnote]Even if he was mostly uninvolved with GT, Toriyama did do character designs for the main cast, uncluding Pan[/footnote], was because Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama never designed one. He also couldn't figure out what a female super saiyan should look like.
Oh I know I'm going to regret this, but there are indications that there's going to female super saiyan in Dragon Ball Super. Which I find really interesting, but knowing how Dragon Ball generally plays the perversion in the show I'm gonna call it right now: Female super saiyan is going to have massive breasts, that get even bigger with every level she ascends in super sayian form.

[sub][sub][sub]Even though I'm asexual, I do like breasts. Still I can't fathom why people like super huge giant ones.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

LordLundar

Apr 6, 2004
Gordon_4 said:
The only thing that shocks me about this is that you only found 8 examples of Vegeta's pride doing him and nearly everyone else in.
Oh I'm quite sure it could be "8 per fight" but the list is capped at 8. Doing a full list of these would take far too long. See also Starscream being an idiot.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Huh, never thought of it like that. Also, anyone else strongly reminded of Dragonball Z abridged? I think I prefer the abridged version to the original, it's not quite as dumb and lots more entertaining in my opinion.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Okay, as a Dragon Ball fan(boy), I gotta point out that he didn't kill Nappa for no reason. He killed Nappa because he was useless. Goku didn't simply beat Nappa. He broke Nappa's back and paralyzed him from the waist down. Even ignoring that the "low class" warrior of Kakarot just made sport of the "Elite" Nappa, he could no longer fight. Nappa was a saiyan that couldn't fight and that made him useless to Vegeta.

I blame Supreme Kai for Buu way more than Vegeta. He knew nothing about some of the most powerful beings in the universe. Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan were way stronger than he realized, and it makes me wonder if his boast that he could have easily beat Frieza is even true. Besides, if he could have beat Frieza, why the fuck didn't he? I'm sorry a Galactic tyrant with a hobby of genocide is not a big deal? Let's not forget that he allowed Spopovich and Yamu to drain Gohan and almost kill him. And they got so much energy from this that Babadi was half way to restoring Buu. Without that, Majin Vegeta fighting Goku wouldn't have revived Buu before Gohan and Supreme Kai could stop his revival.

There's an idea for a list. 8 ways Supreme Kai is a complete moron.

As for destroying the Potara Earrings, Goku didn't really wanna use them after they freed everyone from Buu, either. Like Vegeta, Goku strives for challenges and worthy opponents. And he didn't really wanna fuse again. It's not like he couldn't have taught Vegeta the Fusion Dance if they really wanted to fuse. I mean other than the rampaging pink bubblegum monster that probably wouldn't have allowed it, but... y'know.

Tarble is possibly canon (not sure what the official word on that is), but he's also very weak. He's kinda like Gohan. He isn't a fighter. He doesn't really have the fortitude for it. He's basically Saiyan Chiaotzu.

As for the Planet Vegeta thing, that was their home planet. And King Vegeta didn't so much as pick a fight with Frieza as he made a last ditch effort to save his people. Frieza had already decided to destroy the planet before that. In canon, he ordered all the saiyans to return to the planet specifically so he could kill them all in one go. Besides, the saiyans were terrible. They were arguably worse than Frieza. Maybe they weren't as strong as him, but they could easily conquer whole planets with just a small force. Should we really be upset that a race of murderous, planet conquering, supermen died?

I really only feel like he really screwed everyone over with Cell. And, yeah, he screwed everyone over good with that one. Most of the others are more for reasons of plot.

A fun list, though. All hail the King of Screwing Everyone Over!

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
And despite all that you can't help but love him. Dude got Super Saiyan God powers by himself after Shenron said the only way to do it was for five Saiyans to pour their power into a sixth.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Two things you forgot to mention.....

Kenjitsuka said:
And concerning the quote; the godlike being Freeza that employs/enslaves them *sells* all those planets (which makes no sense to me, but it IS stated that he sells them). Every planet conquered is done on orders of Freeza, for a buyer (or Freeza's private collection I guess). And he's not gonna let them freelance or give them a free planet. ESPECIALLY since he secretly fears the super sayain legend he does not allow them to live elsewhere but bottled up on their original home.
First: You forgot to mention that the only reason Freiza blew up the planet of his favorite monkey pets is because Beerus commanded him to. :p

Kenjitsuka said:
Second: You forgot to mention that his "now I'm pissed" theme is one of - if not the - best tracks from the show:

Yeah...all that and he still makes Vegeta his ***** every time. By the end of the Buu saga, Vegeta finally admits that Goku is - and always has been - better than him.

So what's it say about Mr. Badass McWidow'sPeak that a childish, immature moron will always be superior to him in terms of combat? :p

And to go off on a tangent, I miss Kid Buu. Fat Buu is basically just another Yamcha now. Now Kid Buu...there's a God of Destruction! The only villain they had to cheat with the Ballz in order to win. Without that full-life heal on Goku, Kid Buu would have stuffed that spirit bomb right back down Goku's throat.

Then again, after getting the entire planet to chant in unison "SATAN! SATAN! SATAN! SATAN!" I think the good guys deserve to come out on top. :3

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
Really all this does is prove that Dragon Ball Z is kind of stupid. Something that even most fans readily admit, it's not a surprise that Vegeta screws ever thing up on a reliable basis, Goku and the others also all do their fair share of stupid things to screw everything up. That's not exactly a surprise. There are really only two plot devices in Dragon Ball Z, power creep, a concept this series basically introduced, and the stubbornness/carelessness/impatience/incompetence/naivet?/outright stupidity of the cast. The only good thing is that at least it's fun to watch, but god are the plot devices obvious and simple.
It's Days of Our Lives karate style

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Kenjitsuka said:
gmaverick019 said:

Hate to nitpick, but Goku's killed more than that. He offed two out of the three of King Piccolo's children, the Demon King himself, A sentient, talking Octopus, and I think Officer Black. I don't think he kills anyone in Z til the Buu saga though.

But between Yamcha, Tien, Piccolo jr., Vegeta, and Android 18, It's a bit understandable. He seems to have a habit of turning enemies to allies.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
LordLundar said:
Gordon_4 said:
The only thing that shocks me about this is that you only found 8 examples of Vegeta's pride doing him and nearly everyone else in.
Oh I'm quite sure it could be "8 per fight" but the list is capped at 8. Doing a full list of these would take far too long. See also Starscream being an idiot.
I wonder if Megatron ever made light of Starscream's regular treachery by having in his day planner? 8-9: Staff Meeting, 10-1: develop Purple Griffins, 1:30-2:00 Starscream's daily betrayal.