Norm of the North - Cinematic Excrement

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Norm of the North - Cinematic Excrement

Norm of the North is the worst theatrically released animated movie of all time.

Read Full Article

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
I had just assumed that this was some sort of attempt to cash in on the Penguins / Ice Age movie aesthetics (the polar bear looks a bit like the one from the Penguins movie, perhaps in the same way that all polar bears would look alike in that style admittedly, and that villain looks a bit like Dave in his Dr.Octavius disguise), with some names behind the voice acting... but really poorly executed.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
It can't be worse than Food Fight, can it?
No, but that's not a theatrically released (at least here) film.

IOwnTheSpire

Jul 27, 2014
This reminds me of MovieBob's Pixels review, which I enjoy watching every now and again because of how funny I find his anger to be.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
It can't be worse than Food Fight, can it?
At least Food Fight had the balls to be batshit insane. It's not just a car crash you can't look away from, it's an exploding space shuttle.

Compared to that, Norm Of The North is just a bike whose tires pop.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
That Rob Schneider still has a career in showbusiness is one more sin that can be lain at the feet of Adam Sandler.

I feel a little bad for Ken Jeong, though. One almost gets the impression that he's so astonished and thrilled to find himself working in movies that it hasn't occurred to him yet that he could say "no" to an offered project.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Holy crap, there really is like minimal lip-syncing in the trailer.

And those jokes.

This just... I... fuck...

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
I remember seeing the trailer before a movie I was actually excited to see and the entire time I was like "wtf even is... what is it? Why is the lip syncing bad? Why is it not funny? WHO'S RELEASING THIS IN THEATRES??"

So sorry you watched it. I can't imagine losing brain cells like that when the trailer already left me for dead.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
I remember seeing the trailer for this when it was first announced and thinking "this movie looks like shit." Glad to see I wasn't wrong.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
So...it's not funnier than Paul Blart 2?
Not everything can be as culturally significant as Paul Blart 2.

OT - Is it just me or do talking animal cartoons have an abnormally scattered range of quality?

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Marter said:
Norm of the North is the worst theatrically released animated movie of all time
Oh come now, surely it can't be that ba---

Norm of the North is about a polar bear (Rob Schneider)
Ohhhhhhhhh......

OT: Serious question though to put your "worst animated movie ever" theory to the test. Now, I don't doubt that this movie is a crime against both man and god (it stars Rob Schneider, after all)...but is it truly worse than Food Fight?

Edit: Ah, nevermind. Seems you've already addressed that one. :p

Janichsan

May 26, 2015
Actual quote from IMDB's FAQ page [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1594972/faq?ref_=tt_faq_sm] to this movie:
Norm of the North gave my sister and me cancer. Can I contact Lionsgate about any concerns?

Yes. In fact, you can sue them for up to $150 million.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Worse than Sandler's last 3 films combined? How does a film manage to be...oh Rob Schneider is in it. Ah.

Still an achievement, but I can believe it.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
OK, now I'm really curious what made Hoodwinked Too, Alpha and Omega, and The Nut Job less awful than this movie.