The Suicide Squad Get Killer New Batch of Characters Posters

JaredJones

Jun 8, 2015
The Suicide Squad Get Killer New Batch of Characters Posters

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1257/1257032.jpg

Ahead of the new trailer dropping this week, the "worst heroes ever" receive some tattoo-worthy posters.

Tomorrow night, trailer [http://www.slashfilm.com/suicide-squad-trailer-release-date/] on The CW, of all networks, who will be delivering an exclusive look at DC's *other* upcoming blockbuster following two half-hour specials: DC's Legends of Tomorrow: Their Time Is Now at 9 PM and DC Films Presents: Dawn of the Justice League at 9:30.

To hold us over until then, Warner Bros. Pictures has released a batch of character posters that will almost surely end up tattooed on the bicep of some dude-bro whose passion for GNC products is only outweighed by his respect for Jared Leto's commitment to the craft.

I kid, but these latest batch of posters surely do give off a tattoo and/or bumper sticker vibe, and perhaps rightfully so given the...let's call them "outlandish," cast of characters that the movie centers around. In fact, I'm pretty confident that I already saw that "Killer Croc" skull on the bottom of a skateboard while being chased out of the mall by a group of tweens for being quote "a Hall of Fame doucher with a permanent dumb face." The yoots [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjbf-dHjW0] these days are vicious, I tells ya.

Check out the entire batch of posters below, via Yahoo.

[gallery=5439]

Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5th.

Source: Yahoo [https://www.yahoo.com/movies/suicide-squad-posters-showcase-worst-024513400.html]

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
This sort of promotion gives the impression of a very different sort of movie than what's being marketed.

Thomas Barnsley

Mar 8, 2012
...Well I like them!

Though I still don't know why they bother with Slipknot promotion, he's clearly going to get his head blown off on the outset.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Monoclebear said:
Uhhh, is there really a guy named Slipknot? Really?
Well, we know someone has to be there when Joker and Harley, er, slip the knot.

...I'll see myself out.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It's a better attempt at making it apealling to the public but in saying so I can only recogonise 6/10 of the cast!

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Monoclebear said:
Uhhh, is there really a guy named Slipknot? Really?
Yup. Old Firestorm villain. His gimmick was rope. You probably never heard of him because he fought a guy who could manipulate matter on the molecular level and his gimmick was rope.

And I pretty much guarantee he'll be the guy who gets his head blown off fifteen minutes into the movie to show what happens to Squad members who won't play ball.

Apr 17, 2009
Is that a subtle Batman symbol I see hidden in the Joker's grin there? Might mean the skull logo is more carefully thought out than the actual character's...shall we say "in-your-face" design.
Though the cracks in Harley's eye sockets irritate me. Yes I know they're there to show she's crazy but they're eye sockets, they're the hollow bits! You can't crack empty space! Its almost like those heart and diamond shaped eyes are completely unrealistic or something...

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Is that a subtle Batman symbol I see hidden in the Joker's grin there?
Huh, I totally missed that.

I suspect these posters have more color in them than the entire movie will manage if DC's other live action films are any indication. I can't help but feel like they're really reaching for appeal either because the movie has none of its own or they don't know who to market it to.