6 Actors to Play David Bowie (All At Once)

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
6 Actors to Play David Bowie (All At Once)

The only actor who could possibly play David Bowie is... David Bowie. But can six actors combine their powers to play the legendary late artist?

Read Full Article

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Obviously he should be played by Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell.

P.S. Thanks

K12

Dec 28, 2012
This is a completely mental idea and I love it! It could be a complete disaster but I think a healthy dose of weirdness would be in the true spirit of Bowie.

My main issue is how many of these actors can actually sing. Dubbed performances tend to be less compelling.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Old David Bowie should be played by Michael Sheen.

Willem Defoe would be too busy being Willem Defoe playing David Bowie to make it convincing. Sheen is one of those actors who can look like anybody and makes an effort to take on their mannerisms. We would all have to forgive him for being Twilight however.

Also, when I Google Sheen, a picture of David Bowie came up, the internet agrees with me!

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
K12 said:
My main issue is how many of these actors can actually sing. Dubbed performances tend to be less compelling.
David Bowie as sung by Hugh Jackman.

Bowie suddenly turning Australian would not be the strangest thing for Bowie after all.

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012
fix-the-spade said:
Old David Bowie should be played by Michael Sheen.

Willem Defoe would be too busy being Willem Defoe playing David Bowie to make it convincing. Sheen is one of those actors who can look like anybody and makes an effort to take on their mannerisms. We would all have to forgive him for being Twilight however.

Also, when I Google Sheen, a picture of David Bowie came up, the internet agrees with me!
Michael Sheen did a pretty good Bowie in Tron: Legacy, of course.