BioWare Reveals The Old Republic's Sith Warrior Class

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
BioWare Reveals The Old Republic's Sith Warrior Class

BioWare has revealed the latest of the playable classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic, and it's the ultimate baddy of the Star Wars universe: the merciless Sith Warrior.

Described by BioWare as "an unstoppable force of darkness," Star Wars: The Old Republic's Sith Warrior class should satisfy MMOG players with a penchant for the dark side of The Force. Armed with heavy armor and the ability to dual-wield lightsabers, the Sith Warrior sounds like a the type of class for players who want to just do a whole lot of damage and do it in the most merciless way possible.

The Sith Warrior uses "bold lightsaber tactics and surprising bursts of Force power" to "force their foes to stay on the defensive until they are weakened and summarily destroyed." They've got your expected Sith skills like the signature Force Choke, which can be used as a means of persuasion or instant death and also moves like an area-of-effect smash that paralyzes enemies and a huge lunge that will stun (or outright kill) from afar.

As for gear, they wear heavy armor and make extensive use of forms of "biological augmentation" which "imbue the wearer with immense strength and fortitude." So basically, it sounds like a tank class (maybe that's what they're going for with the "Warrior" tag) with the ability to do Force Chokes and use two lightsabers at once. Sign me up.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Duel sabres and force choke is really rather tempting, I think Iill go with the Han Solo style class (rogue I think) still

EDIT; It's called Smuggler which to me just sounds cooler and somehow terribly English (in a good awesome way)

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
This game will weigh too heavily on the dark side. If there is going to be any serious pvp, it may become a problem. Unbalanced factions was WAR's greatest flaw.

So far it's been smash your opponents with the force of the dark side with the in your face Sith Warrior or from a far with the Bounty Hunter. On the light side, here we see the Smuggler. He hides behind rocks.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
He looks like he is wearing some kind of space pyjamas...

tehroc said:
This game will weigh too heavily on the dark side. If there is going to be any serious pvp, it may become a problem. Unbalanced factions was WAR's greatest flaw.

So far it's been smash your opponents with the force of the dark side with the in your face Sith Warrior or from a far with the Bounty Hunter.
Agreed.

tehroc said:
On the light side, here we see the Smuggler. He hides behind rocks.
True, but he is damn good at it.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
As interested as I am in the game, I have yet to find myself interested in any of the classes so far. Still don't even have a clue which faction I would choose.

Kayevcee

Mar 5, 2008
I just want to be a T3 unit, man. Nothing else matters :)

That said, every class they reveal gives the impression of being absurdly overpowered. It sounds like the finished game will be like Gurren Lagann with lightsabers!

-Nick

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
It is looking to be heavy to the sith. Bounty Hunters and Smugglers should be available to both sides.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
After seeing that 20 minutes of gameplay, I'm still pretty sure I'm going for the Smuggler. Even dual wielding lightsabers can't persuade me, and a Bounty Hunter will be my first alt anyway.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
tehroc said:

So far it's been smash your opponents with the force of the dark side with the in your face Sith Warrior or from a far with the Bounty Hunter. On the light side, here we see the Smuggler. He hides behind rocks.
Judging game balance from a 20 minute alpha video is a bit premature don't you think?

I'm gonna be sticking with the Bounty Hunter though. Wrist mounted flamers and rocket launchers are full of awesome.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
Glefistus said:
Do you have to play Jar'kai style, or can you choose what combat form your character uses? I would still choose Jar'kai hands down.
In the Developer walk through the Sith Warrior only picks up a second lightsaber after defeating a jedi near the end of the video, the rest of the time he was fighting with one. There was no mention of mechanics beyond something to the effect of - "the only thing better than a lightsaber is 2 lightsabers".

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
that sounds like the most interesting character on this game. i'll be looking forward to using them!

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Sounds kickass. Every time they unveil another one of these classes, I get even more excited for The Old Republic to come out. I hope TOR is playable on a kind-of-old computer, though, so I'll get the chance to play it when it's released.

murphy7801

Apr 12, 2009
Slycne said:
Glefistus said:
Do you have to play Jar'kai style, or can you choose what combat form your character uses? I would still choose Jar'kai hands down.
In the Developer walk through the Sith Warrior only picks up a second lightsaber after defeating a jedi near the end of the video, the rest of the time he was fighting with one. There was no mention of mechanics beyond something to the effect of - "the only thing better than a lightsaber is 2 lightsabers".
this what TOR website says "Though their saber tactics are always aggressive, some Sith Warriors choose to dual-wield or adopt other non-traditional fighting styles to accentuate their combat prowess."