Bravely Second's Demo is 10 Hours Long

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Bravely Second's Demo is 10 Hours Long

<youtube=2XdDHqcZthc>
You have ten hours to figure out if Bravely Second: End Layer is your jam.

Welcome to the future. A wonderful place where a 3DS JRPG demo is longer than most full-priced commercial releases. The ten hour long demo for Bravely Second: End Layer announced for Europe last week is being released state side. The demo is slated for release in Europe on February 11th. And don't worry, grinding enthusiasts, the progress you make in the demo will be carried over to the full game should you decide to make the plunge when the game comes out in April.

The lengthy demo will come as no surprise to those who played the original Bravely Default demo, which was similarly hefty and released in five downloadable installments on Nintendo's eShop.

In a world where the traditional demo is quickly becoming extinct, it's nice to see a publisher, especially one hitting the digital distribution drum as hard as Square Enix, giving consumers the opportunity to try before they buy.

Original released in Japan in April, 2015, Bravely Second: End Layer is set for release in Europe on February 26th, in Australia on February 27th and finally in North America on April 15th, nearly an entire year after the Japanese release.

[gallery=5468]

Source: Siliconera [http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/20/bravely-second-10-hour-demo-confirmed-north-america/]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Why do we keep getting these 3DS JRPGs so late? I'm kind of hesitant to pick up the demo since I'll be 10 hours into the game and then have to wait three months to play the rest of it. Also, Darksouls 3 is coming out in April too. FML :(

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
I want it.

I want it so bad.

I w- I should finish the first one soon...

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Ten hours is more content than any one episode of Hitman, and probably all of the new Deus Ex game once you cut out all the parts that are being stripped out and resold as DLC. Square Enix, did you buy out Eidos just so you could screw over a Western publisher and make your own country's output look better by comparison? Be honest, now.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
As long the demo isn't a bunch of fetch quests and being thrown into the deep end like the first game demo, I may give it another chance.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Finally, I'll have something to play on my 3DS.

You know, after I get around to beating Xenoblade Chronicles, Devil Survivor 1 and 2, and Fire Emblem Fates.

My 3DS has been criminally underused.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I hate that I have to wait until April to get this but it's definitely worth the wait. Bravely Default is the best Final Fantasy I've played in years and I'm probably going to continue wanting more until it...well, until it does a Final Fantasy and winds up innovating in a way that I personally don't like.

Gxas said:
I want it.

I want it so bad.

I w- I should finish the first one soon...
despite my above praise, I too haven't yet finished the game.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
I'm excited, but please God let this one be significantly less grindy than the first.

The grind eventually broke me.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
This is how RPG demos should be considering how much there is that needs to be represented like combat, exploration, level progression, item crafting, shopping, side quests, etc traditional demos just don't cut it. That's why I like examples like this or those of Atlus' Etrian Odyssey series that allow the player to play the first few hours of the game to get a handle on things. Bravely Default was a fine example of an RPG respecting the past but not being trapped by it, doing neat things with the class system and giving a new spin on the fantasypunk settings golden age SE was known for.

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I'm glad to see that I am not alone in loving Bravely Default but never actually finishing it.

In any case, I'll be picking this up when it's released (and basking in the rare feeling of getting a JRPG before America does)

william1657

Scout
Mar 12, 2015
I can't wait to play the game!

I wish I could play the demo, but my 3DS probably doesn't have enough space left for me to download it :(.