FNaF World Releases Early, Available Now

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
FNaF World Releases Early, Available Now

Is anyone surprised?

If you are familiar with the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise, you likely aren't surprised to learn that creator Scott Cawthon One week ago [http://store.steampowered.com/app/427920/], Cawthon gave a release date of February 19 for the game. Yet here we are, with the game currently available for purchase on Steam.

According to the description, the game features 40 playable characters, multiple endings and difficulties, and a "great soundtrack." It is available here [http://store.steampowered.com/app/427920/] for $9.99.

"Take control of Freddy and the gang as they set out on a quest in the world beneath worlds, a world that reflects the actions and deeds of the "flipside", where things have started becoming distorted and broken," the page reads. "Lead your team deeper into this digital world to find the source of these glitches and monsters, and restore it to what it was designed to be- a safe haven."

Although Cawthon previously stated, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142431-FNAF-World-Will-be-RPG-Not-Horror] that the game would not be a horror - and it certainly doesn't look like a horror - the description warns the player to be careful, because "behind the curtain there may be something even more sinister pulling the strings..."

Cawthon's last title, Five Nights at Freddy's 4, was originally scheduled for a Halloween release date. The expected date was moved forward to August, but ended up releasing even earlier [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141730-Five-Nights-at-Freddys-4-Has-Released-Early-Is-Available-Now], in July.

[gallery=5484]

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
...Have to give Cawthon credit, he knows how to keep people on their toes and grab headlines.
Seriously, Screw making games, if he was to get a job as a PR manager for one of the bigger publishers, he'd make a killing.
Maybe not as much as he is with this franchise but at least he has a fallback option, certainly can't be any worse then the current crop of BSers.

Micah Weil

Mar 16, 2009
Ya know, at this point, I'm convinced Cawthon is not a person, but an algorithm or AI gone rogue in one of the weirdest ways possible.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
Is this a marketing tactic I am unaware of? Announce a game for a date and then release it 3 weeks early to get fans excited and make them think what a swell guy you are? =p

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Dude is some kind of genius. First he creates a series that, defying the logic of cheap jumpscares being a crappy way to do horror, sells well arguably due to its strange lore. Then he encourages theories while remaining cryptic, and releases games ahead of schedule and absolutely without fail surprising the fuck out of people.
I want him to stay the hell out of any major publisher for fear of the magic of his genius being diluted by corporate shenanigans. Stay independent Mr. Cawthon, it can't hurt.
I am also curious how lucrative his FNAF franchise has been...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Awesome! My turn-based RPG based around Five Nights at Freddy's launched early as was inevitable! I feel like one of the few people who are genuinely interested in this release as a game though...what's great is how the first few reviews on the Steam Store Page are all negative despite its overall positive rating.

Insane Guy of DOOM

Aug 7, 2008
Imperioratorex Caprae said:
I am also curious how lucrative his FNAF franchise has been...
Scott has donated nearly $300,000 to charity during various FNAF live-stream events, and has mentioned he technically doesn't need to work anymore on the steam forums, so very.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I am rather excited for this game. I'm hoping to buy the whole series in one go during the next steam promo.

They're just sooooo cute.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Lizzy Finnegan said:
Although Cawthon previously stated, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/142431-FNAF-World-Will-be-RPG-Not-Horror] that the game would not be a horror - and it certainly doesn't look like a horror - the description warns the player to be careful, because "behind the curtain there may be something even more sinister pulling the strings..."
Deepest lore!

But you know that will send people into an even weirder head canon.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Seen gameplay and it's actually NOT turnbased, it's realtime with attacks being on cooldown for each partymember.

It does look odd that he changed the Overworld style from the full visual one to another Atari-styled one (which may explain the early release, potentially).

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
If he keeps this up, Cawthon will soon be releasing games before he announces them.

Jokes aside and while I'm not particularly interested in the franchise, I do recognize the guy is great at pleasing his audience and seems an overall decent guy, so I wish him all the best.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Might have been a bad move for him to release it early, top reviews are all negative. Actual reviews to, not that buy the game just to say how stupid FNaF is.