Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Mandalorians Over Midichlorians

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Mandalorians Over Midichlorians

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter was rushed and handles like an angry bantha, but it still makes Jango Fett into an exciting protagonist.

Read Full Article

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
Aww man, I remember this one! Got it on christmas of '02 with my gamecube, made me fall in love with the Mandalorians in general. The secrets in the game weren't too shabby either, with one of them being the entire graphic novel detailing Jango's origins with the Mandalorians. Compelling stuff. And I was one of the few people that didn't mind 1313 being about Boba, because of this very game. Of course, if it was just a straight-up action shooter without the depth of the mechanics and lore of Bounty Hunter, you bet your ass I would've been disappointed. But alas, we'll never know.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I remember playing this on my gamecube when I was just a kid. I can't remember if I ever beat it. I feel like I remember parts of it being a little obtuse but that might have just been my little kid brain. I'd love a chance to play this again. Put this on Steam for a few bucks and I'd be all over it.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
Loved this game! Sure the problems mentioned were all there (plus some glitchy physics and controller-snappingly hard platforming) but it was just soooo much fun! It's hard to describe how satisfying it is to get a dozen or so Bando Gora chasing you around and then whipping around and torching the whole group with your flamethrower. Plus it was one of the last games I can remember with actual cheat codes.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
Wish I'd finished that game, I think i got stuck in the fight against the senator and never finished it. Still, I totally get where the review's coming from, that game gets really fun once you get the jetpack.

Can I just say, the point about games using the prequels universe is what really disappointed me about the new Battlefront? That game announced ahead of time it wouldn't have any content from episodes 1-3 and everybody treated this like good news. I was just sitting there thinking "so, they've announced they're cutting half the content and factions from the last Battlefront and not replacing it with anything substantial, and you guys are cheering for them?" Even if the movies were bad, it's not like that would have made the game worse for having their bits.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Oh, man, I remember this one, barely but I do.
I just remember renting it and beating it, and by "beat" I mean "jumped to the end with a cheat code", I read in, I think it was Nintendo Power?
The code was "JANGOISBADDEST"
And you know, checking up IGN to double-check that, I see that all the cheat codes had awesome names. "VOTE4TRELL, GIMMEMYJETPACK, WISHIHADMYSHIP", oh, these are good.

I also remember this game had bloopers, I only know one other game that shared it's bloopers. It was Resistance 3 but Bounty Hunter had *animated* bloopers.

Seriously, the fact that the voice actors and animators did this makes me so happy.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I really wanted this game when it came out. But it was too difficult to find in my area. We didn't have specialty stores in my area at the time, just the big retailers who wouldn't special order for you. I always felt that I missed out on a fun game by not playing this one.

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
Extra-Ordinary said:
Oh, man, I remember this one, barely but I do.
I just remember renting it and beating it, and by "beat" I mean "jumped to the end with a cheat code", I read in, I think it was Nintendo Power?
The code was "JANGOISBADDEST"
And you know, checking up IGN to double-check that, I see that all the cheat codes had awesome names. "VOTE4TRELL, GIMMEMYJETPACK, WISHIHADMYSHIP", oh, these are good.

I also remember this game had bloopers, I only know one other game that shared it's bloopers. It was Resistance 3 but Bounty Hunter had *animated* bloopers.

Seriously, the fact that the voice actors and animators did this makes me so happy.

Actually, Jedi Starfighter also had an animated blooper reel, including Mace Windu trying to sell someone a Jedi Starfighter. I kid you not:

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
I too loved this game on the Gamecube
I still have the case and manual for it, but sadly no disc =(
But damn I have fond memories of it, I wonder if it would hold up if I played it again
I know "Shadows of the Empire" sure didn't

SirSullymore

Mar 26, 2009
This game would have been an all time classic with a few tweaks. Like the bounty system is neat, but there's really nothing to buy with the credits outside of concept art and extras, you should have been able to buy upgrades with for your weapons and gear. Also, unlockable Boba would have been appreciated. Too bad there was never a sequel.