Five Nights at Freddy's World - Broken Animatronic Mascots

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Jan 20, 2011
Five Nights at Freddy's World - Broken Animatronic Mascots

Five Nights at Freddy's World is a retro JRPG with a lot of promise, but for now the game feels unpolished and incomplete.

Read Full Article

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Nice review. Too bad the game has already been taken off Steam by the time the review was released.

P.S. Thanks

Kanatatsu

Nov 26, 2010
This entire review is spent telling us how bad this game is ... and then it gets 3 stars? Huh?

It's a terrible game right now, and everyone (including the bloody author) seems to agree on this.

So maybe give it a review score that actually reflects that reality?

Spider RedNight

There are holes in my brain
Oct 8, 2011
At least he took it off to tweak it, release it for free later and give everyone refunds.

Seems like a cool move if you ask me

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Kanatatsu said:
This entire review is spent telling us how bad this game is ... and then it gets 3 stars? Huh?

It's a terrible game right now, and everyone (including the bloody author) seems to agree on this.

So maybe give it a review score that actually reflects that reality?
Yeah, I feel three stars is way too generous. I could see it getting two stars, maybe. Probably deserves one, however.

From what I've seen, the game is bare bones. The biggest sins being the lack of explanation. I mean of anything, including how abilities or gameplay work. And the effects in battle can not be understated. They are awful and an ugly mess to look at.

It's not quite the worst game I have ever seen or played. It certainly isn't a Digital Homicide game. However, as this review indicates, the game is not in any condition to be played. More like a beta than a game.

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Jan 20, 2011
Hey guys. Just wanted to clarify my review for a second. When FNAF World first came out, on the 21st I wrote the first version of this review. The game got a 2 because in my opinion it was barely playable. However since there was a weekend in between the release and when this article would be posted (partially because of the horrible snow storm that hit the east coast) I was asked to redo it. The patch that was released added a lot to the game, addressing several issues like the complete lack of ability descriptions. This was enough to bump the game to a 2.5 which in our rating system is playable but below average. Taking Cawthon at his word that he would eventually fix the rest of the issues I had with the game (and considering how fast the first patch came out I had no reason not to think this was the case), the final review score became a 3.0, average and wholly unremarkable, only appealing to fans of the franchise. There is no score step between 2.5 and 3.0 that The Escapist uses otherwise it would have been a 2.7 or 2.8, for as much as it's difficult to boil a complex opinion down to a number.

And that's a little look behind the scenes at how games are scored. 3.0 is sort of the measuring stick for a game that does nothing entirely offensive but does nothing incredibly right either and post patch with patch support coming up I thought that's where FNAF World was.

... Then the game was pulled from Steam soooooo.... Yeah. Oops.

Toastngravy

Jan 19, 2009
Second Page, Second Paragraph, Second Sentence. Editors asleep, apparently.
" This is largely because the does an poor job-"