Be Loud, Be Proud, You're Allowed In These New Escapist Shirts

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Be Loud, Be Proud, You're Allowed In These New Escapist Shirts

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1265/1265501.jpg [http://merch.escapistmagazine.com/]

Show your gaming chops with some new merchandise added to The Escapist Store.

If all your gaming t-shirts are getting a little worse for wear because of how much you use them, it may be time to expand the collection a bit.

In case you haven't visited the glories [http://merch.escapistmagazine.com/] of being a PC owner. Both sell for $20.

Of course, to go along with all the t-shirts, we also have a coffee mug and a bumper sticker, and even a hoodie if you live someplace where it is drafty or cold.

So check out the store, and let it be known you are a gamer.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
What, just the two? I mean, that's nice and all, but you might want to set up some kind of competition to get really good designs rolling in.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
A while ago I'd have been sorely tempted, particularly by the "PC master race" one, which is very me.

Not too long ago, though, in two separate incidents, gamer friends of mine peeked over my shoulder and asked whether The Escapist had gone "a bit weird", or something to that effect. It came in the wake of the controversy, you know the one. I didn't really have a response, other than that I'd been a member since before all that kerfuffle.

I generally like The Escapist. I also like wearing stuff to boost my nerd-cred (because I take ego-boosts where I can get them!). Now, my friends didn't make a thing of it, nothing like that. It's just that if I'm plumping for something like a gaming shirt, I wouldn't want it to have that any baggage attached. I'm not saying this as a condemnation of the website or anything; it's just a shame controversial stuff like that has this effect.

This isn't a rant, and it isn't aimed at anyone. Just musing aloud.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
I think I'd rather wear a shirt made of actual spiders.

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Pinkamena said:
We are working on those, but early tests indicate a severe decrease in returning customers.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
John Keefer said:
Pinkamena said:
We are working on those, but early tests indicate a severe decrease in returning customers.
I laughed. :D

Though I wished the "Press X to not die" shirt would come back. I really liked that one and missed out.