Cosplayers Transform My Little Pony Cast Into "Princess Warriors"

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Cosplayers Transform My Little Pony Cast Into "Princess Warriors"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1271/1271379.jpg
A recent cosplay photo shoot re-imagined everyone's favorite equine cartoon characters as kick-ass warrior princesses.

To call the fan base of <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138115-Hasbro-Studios-Sets-My-Little-Pony-Feature-Film-For-2017>My Little Pony dedicated would be an understatement. Extending across a wide range of ages and genders, the fans of the popular cartoon series have demonstrated their devotion in many ways and on many occasions. Some do so by writing fan-fiction. Some people express their love of Equestria with <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141022-My-Little-Pony-Mixes-With-Mad-Max-Fury-Road-in-Epic-Toy-Mash-Up#&gid=gallery_4226&pid=1>post-apocalyptic art. Others, meanwhile, pay tribute with works of creative cosplay.

Case in point, a group of cosplayers recently took it upon themselves to transform fan favorite ponies into "Princess Warriors." The ponies featured in the cosplay included mainstays like Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie and more. The ponies were represented by the cosplayers Lyz Brickley and Livia Chu. The cosplay session was photographed by the fine folks at <a href=https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1027567210648690.1073742221.111642665574487&type=3>Mineralblu Photography who revealed that the photoshoot, which took place at Katsucon 2016, only lasted about an hour. "[We] were fortunate to find a relatively empty hallway with lots of window light," they told The Escapist. "No additional light was used besides the sunlight coming through the windows and bouncing off the walls."

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I'm not personally a huge fan of My Little Pony. I watch it with my daughter but it's not something I'd generally choose to watch on my own time. That said, whether you're a hardcore MLP fan or not, there's no denying the clear amount of skill and effort that went into these costumes and the shoot that followed. Check them out and let us know what you think!
[gallery=5602]
Source: <a href=https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1027567210648690.1073742221.111642665574487&type=3>Minerlblu

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
This greatly redeems the escapist for the picture of the spider on another article, sexiest thing I'll see for a while. Love the designs, now I wanna see this made into a full show.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I am sooo disappointed this wasn't Rule63 Star Wars-Zombie-SteamPunk-Deadpool-Disney Princesses Pony Warriors cosplay.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Impressive costumes all of them. I think I like Twilight's the best, although I wonder why there were no single shots of Rainbow Dash.

I can't help but think about all that skin though. While they all look beautiful, my mind was thinking, "Not much protection in a fight," the whole time. Which is weird, because usually that thought doesn't jump right into the front of my head.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Sniper Team 4 said:
Impressive costumes all of them. I think I like Twilight's the best, although I wonder why there were no single shots of Rainbow Dash.

I can't help but think about all that skin though. While they all look beautiful, my mind was thinking, "Not much protection in a fight," the whole time. Which is weird, because usually that thought doesn't jump right into the front of my head.
Grargh! That was a mistake on my part. There are single shots of Rainbow Dash, but I had to narrow the selection down and I must have accidentally deleted all of them. :(

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Wow...that Shining Armor cosplayer is one lucky guy.

In all seriousness though, those are some damn impressive costumes. Despite the complexity, you can still tell which character each outfit represents at a glance.

The concept's actually not that big of a stretch; Equestrian princesses have been known to throw down in epic fashion in the show.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
There is someone who spends all day, for several days, doing THIS. Then, when they're doing making this stupid plastic crap that makes no sense, they coordinate the efforts of models, photographers, and graphic editors... for these pictures of people wearing said plastic crap.

We are a weird culture.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Neverhoodian said:
Wow...that Shining Armor cosplayer is one lucky guy.

In all seriousness though, those are some damn impressive costumes. Despite the complexity, you can still tell which character each outfit represents at a glance.

The concept's actually not that big of a stretch; Equestrian princesses have been known to throw down in epic fashion in the show.
Man, the moment I came across that episode... Last thing I expected from MLP was to take inspiration from DBZ of all things. Those costumes would be pretty need in a little mini series on YouTube perhaps, ala "Journey Quest." Or maybe their own show, who knows

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
PhiMed said:
There is someone who spends all day, for several days, doing THIS. Then, when they're doing making this stupid plastic crap that makes no sense, they coordinate the efforts of models, photographers, and graphic editors... for these pictures of people wearing said plastic crap.

We are a weird culture.
Soooo, cosplayers, then?

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Fluttershy is best Warrior Princess. ;) Looks a bit like Slave Leia actually.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I dunno, they don't look like MLP's to me at all. Granted, I'm not a huge follower of the show, but when I look at them, I think Sailor Moon, or, hell actually I think more Rita...whatever her name was from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I just, don't see the MLP look in those outfits. The outfits are impressive, just not very MLP

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
My brain drew a link to Saint Seiya and now I have Pegasus Fantasy [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu533OKYHyc] stuck in my head.

Could be worse.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Sniper Team 4 said:
It's interesting when you think about how none of the outfits are canon since none of the ponies wear clothes (regularly) in the show. That means that each of these sets of armor are original designs specifically for this cosplay. This, in turn, means that each of the sets of armor was specifically designed to be sexy/revealing since it's not being pulled from the source material. It's one thing if a cosplayer wants to dress up like Harley Quinn from the Arkham series and have all the cleavage showing because that's how she looks in the game...it's something else entirely to simply be making revealing outfits just for the fun of it.

I'm not complaining, just offering some food for thought. :3