Overwatch Beta Returns February 9 With A.I. Bot Matches

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Overwatch Beta Returns February 9 With A.I. Bot Matches

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/844/844578.jpg
When Overwatch's beta returns, it will have a new game mode, and A.I. practice matches.

It's been a couple of months since Overwatch's beta new game mode [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165294-Overwatch-Closed-Beta-Stops-For-Holidays] it teased a while ago, it will also have singleplayer A.I. bot matches.

The list of new goodies you can expect in the beta update are:

An all-new progression system
Two new maps, including a new game mode
Several hero balance updates
A variety of Private Game updates, including full A.I. matches

[gallery=5609]

If you were in the closed beta before (not including the weekend stress test), you are guaranteed a spot when it opens up again. Blizzard also says it will sending out several new waves of invites for the new beta, so if you haven't been invited yet, keep your fingers crossed!

Additionally, for those of you in the Asia region [https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/global-play], Blizzard said that the beta will come to you on February 16.

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/blog/20008200/overwatch-closed-beta-back-in-action-february-9-2-3-2016]

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Its nice of Blizzard to add AI's to multiplayer-only game. It makes buying them full-price less repulsive.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I can't wait to not get a beta invite because i'm not a famous Twitch streamer or making shitty Youtube videos.

DocJ

What am I doing here?
Jun 3, 2014
Fingers are goddamn crossed. Now give me a damn copy already.

Jburton9

Aug 21, 2012
mysecondlife said:
Its nice of Blizzard to add AI's to multiplayer-only game. It makes buying them full-price less repulsive.
I am hoping to see more of this as well. Looking back at earlier games that were multiplayer only having bot matches to play with friends and try stuff out is a needed feature for me.

Side note: Five screens of window check boxes demanding verification for I am not a robot?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
mysecondlife said:
Jburton9 said:
mysecondlife said:
I am hoping to see more of this as well. Looking back at earlier games that were multiplayer only having bot matches to play with friends and try stuff out is a needed feature for me.
I've been prattling on about this sort of thing for a while, but nobody listened. And now, people are beginning to realize I think how nice bots really were.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
I'm really looking forward to this one when it gets released. With bot support that means we may have an offline mode, plus it helps with goofy team balancing issues. That and there hasn't been too many really "blow your mind" team shooter arenas for a while now.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Jburton9 said:
mysecondlife said:

Side note: Five screens of window check boxes demanding verification for I am not a robot?
Not to mention the value of the game is less dependent on the activity and size of its commmunity.
Arnoxthe1 said:
mysecondlife said:
Jburton9 said:
mysecondlife said:
I've been prattling on about this sort of thing for a while, but nobody listened. And now, people are beginning to realize I think how nice bots really were.
Its really when people realize how shitty the tacked on campaigns tend to be.

Cryselle

Soulless Fire-Haired Demon Girl
Nov 20, 2009
This significantly boosts the likelihood that I will buy Overwatch. Some days I just am not feeling very sociable, and don't want to put up with other people. It's nice to be able to still play a game on those days, even if the experience isn't quite as good as it can be with two well balanced teams of real people.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
I can't wait to not get a beta invite because i'm not a famous Twitch streamer or making shitty Youtube videos.
That's why we in the teeming masses who aren't part of Overwatch are instead relegated to the less-famous special ops group called Onlywatch.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
mysecondlife said:
Nah, it's more than that. These days, publishers are churning out more and more MP-only shooters that are utterly starved of content, sans the crappy campaign. Games that were MP-only in the old days (like Unreal Tournament) at least had solid, competent, useful bots

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Cryselle said:
This significantly boosts the likelihood that I will buy Overwatch. Some days I just am not feeling very sociable, and don't want to put up with other people. It's nice to be able to still play a game on those days, even if the experience isn't quite as good as it can be with two well balanced teams of real people.

I, for one, cannot wait for 6 Widowmakers vs 6 Widowmakers in every other pub server. Overwatch will truly be a contender to TF2's throne with this addition to gameplay.

[sub][sub]Bloody fruit shop owners...[/sub][/sub]

RJ 17 said:
The Wykydtron said:
That's why we in the teeming masses who aren't part of Overwatch are instead relegated to the less-famous special ops group called Onlywatch.

Accurate as all hell.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Arnoxthe1 said:
mysecondlife said:
Nah, it's more than that. These days, publishers are churning out more and more MP-only shooters that are utterly starved of content, sans the crappy campaign. Games that were MP-only in the old days (like Unreal Tournament) at least had solid, competent, useful bots
I don't know about that. Its hard for me to imagine people who mostly play multiplayer portion of the game crying for bots. I mean, why would they when AI's will likely to never imitate other human players?

The first game I remember that stopped having bots in multiplayer was Halo. I don't think I've heard much complaint for exclusion of bots since people thought Halo had good single player campaign.

Anyways, yay! Bots!