Hail, Caesar! - Go, Hollywood! (Also - Boo, Hollywood!)

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Hail, Caesar! - Go, Hollywood! (Also - Boo, Hollywood!)

Hail, Caesar! is a film that requires you to have some understanding of classic Hollywood in order to fully appreciate it.

Read Full Article

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Gotta love the Coen brothers. I still havn't seen all their work yet, but am damn well determined to eventually. They are genuinely surprising, quirky and clever in a comfortingly consistent manner. Basically, their names on any film are like a stamp of garunteed quality. :)

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
in fact, there's an entire scene based on just that premise, and it's hilarious.
As someone who's religious himself, I thought that scene was easily one of the funniest parts of the movie, in a good way. It could be that I had at least somewhat of a better understanding of what was going on there than a lot of the film background stuff I'm probably not quite as 'in-the-know' about.

Leon Royce

Aug 22, 2014
Yet another movie about people who make movies. Hollywood is becoming way too self-referential.

Kontarek

Aug 1, 2012
Country
USA
Leon Royce said:
Yet another movie about people who make movies. Hollywood is becoming way too self-referential.
B-but this one is so goooooood and full of joy.

Although I think I was the only person laughing in the entire theater, which was weird.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Looks and sounds enjoyable. I gotta see this with my family, before Deadpool premieres next weekend. Who knows? Maybe people who aren't "film people" and go see this will turn into "film people".
Leon Royce said:
The cheat code to getting an Oscar nod for next year.

WFW_3.11

Sep 26, 2014
Saw it this weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it and I didn't have much foreknowledge of the subject matter.

That said, I don't know if the Coens ever do sequels, but I'd pay money to see an expanded telling of Alden Ehrenreich's character's story. There's enough there for a whole movie.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
I can't say I enjoyed this movie. Without spoiling anything, it feels like maybe three of the dozens of threads had what I'd call a satisfactory conclusion. It just boils down to people meandering around, usually without a threat or sense of real urgency. AKA, boring stuff.