The Layers of Fear Press Kit is Horrifying and Brilliant

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
Can't quite decide if I applaud their commitment, or if it's a sign of trying way too hard/overcompensating.

Still, spooky, eery, and shows some cool dedication. It did manage to get my attention on the game, so kudos to that

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
That is soooo coool! I mean, sorry, i should restrain myself a little within Brit etiquette. But really...damn!! i would, without hesitation, pay good money for one of these kits. You're so lucky being a press entity! I am suddenly incredibly interested in this game now...it is also the first i've heard of it. Are they making any more of these, do you know? Also, is that a Seven reference in the sub-header there?

K12

Dec 28, 2012
I kind of hope that this is going to be a collector's edition option rather than something made purely for reviewers.

While it is really cool and delightfully well thought out it strikes me as an attempt to boost the reviewers opinions of the game (but in a fun and inventive way rather than a cynical manipulative way) with something that isn't actually part of the game itself. The packaging doesn't improve the product (especially if most people who get the product have a different packaging).

The attention to detail bodes well for the level of effort in the actual game though. I wouldn't know, the phrase "Early Access first-person horror game on Steam" is more than enough to make me ignore it completely (at least until it's finished)

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
That sounds like a really cool collector's edition. It doesn't sound like a good thing for a publisher or developer to send to the people reviewing their game. I hope you return it.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
This looks amazing! You should think about making this a regular thing as reviewers get editions that aren't available anywhere else.

And please give us more pictures from the children's book! I would love to read more of the stories.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I remember Sterling playing an early build of this and being a bit underwhelmed. He was confronted to a lot of the ages-old trope of looking for keys to specific doors in outlandish places, along with jump scares.

The game's going to need something up its sleeve from what I've seen - the Victorian Gothic angle won't suffice.