Help Leonardo DiCaprio Get an Oscar in This Free Browser Game

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Help Leonardo DiCaprio Get an Oscar in This Free Browser Game

[vimeo=155535215]

Watch out for icebergs. And Gaga.

Leonardo DiCaprio has never won an Oscar. This isn't a surprise to anyone with internet access, as it's been a running joke on and off social media for years.

The 88th Academy Awards will air on February 28, and once more DiCaprio has been nominated [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165888-2016-Academy-Awards-Nominees-List-Released] - this time, for his role in The Revenant. This time, you can help push Leo towards that Oscar gold - kind of.

Leo's Red Carpet Rampage [http://redcarpetrampage.com/] from The Line Animation is a free browser game that puts you into the role of DiCaprio. You'll be chasing after an award on the red carpet while racing against other nominees, like Eddie Redmayne and Michael Fassbender, leaping over paparazzi, and dodging Lady Gaga. You'll be clearing icebergs, trying to "act harder," rushing against the timer to write your acceptance speech, and more. Oh, and you'll be collecting as many Golden Globes and Emmy's as you can while you run.

Have fun, and here's some screenshots.

[gallery=5718]

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I hope he wins that Oscar so everyone can finally shut the fuck up about it. Ralph Fienes, Gary Oldman, and Joaquin Phoenix never won an Oscar either; All three of which are better than Leo -- I don't see people getting up in arms over that.

*ahem* It's okay... I'm cool.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
No! He cannot win an oscar! We need that carrot on a stick to keep him trying ever harder with each role!! Soon, he will be known as the greatest actor ever. But without any oscar. He must be secretly black underneath all that incredible acting.

...Err...anyway, he won a bafta recently...surely that must count for something? ...Right?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Casual Shinji said:
I hope he wins that Oscar so everyone can finally shut the fuck up about it. Ralph Fienes, Gary Oldman, and Joaquin Phoenix never won an Oscar either; All three of which are better than Leo -- I don't see people getting up in arms over that.

*ahem* It's okay... I'm cool.
I don't recall Harrison Ford ever winning one either.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Why does it keep asking me to find the Black Nominee? There is no Black Nominee!

Fun game, but all it really is is a button masher (specifically, g and h). It gets way too hard at level 9 for me, though.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Xsjadoblayde said:
No! He cannot win an oscar! We need that carrot on a stick to keep him trying ever harder with each role!! Soon, he will be known as the greatest actor ever. But without any oscar. He must be secretly black underneath all that incredible acting.

...Err...anyway, he won a bafta recently...surely that must count for something? ...Right?
I like to think that this whole thing was an elaborate experiment to mold one man into the ultimate acting machine. It hasn't worked so far, but there's no denying that he's gotten better.

Or maybe they just wanted to see what gross stuff they could make him do to win an oscar. "Sure, Leo, eat that raw buffalo heart and you're sure to win an oscar. Oh, sorry Leo. We already promised it to Matt Damon. Next year for sure."

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Fox12 said:
I like to think that this whole thing was an elaborate experiment to mold one man into the ultimate acting machine. It hasn't worked so far, but there's no denying that he's gotten better.

Or maybe they just wanted to see what gross stuff they could make him do to win an oscar. "Sure, Leo, eat that raw buffalo heart and you're sure to win an oscar. Oh, sorry Leo. We already promised it to Matt Damon. Next year for sure."
On his deathbed, oscar-less, he coughs and splutters (because everyone coughs and splutters on their deathbed, it's rude not to), leans over to his earnest (and now adult) children. He whispers "I tried. I tried so hard. The things they made me do...you have no idea! Well, you probably do, as it is on film and news publications...but in the end, what was it for? Nothing? And now here i lay, unfullfilled. A failure to myself and the tradition we adhere so passionately to. Do not make the mistakes i have made, that i have allowed myself to fall victim to. They will tell you these trinkets are worth fighting for, but it's all lies."
He coughs, almost able to shield his mouth in time with a tissue in one hand whilst he reaches towards his pipe holder. "Shhh!" Interrupts his daughter, putting her arm on his journeying shoulder. "Easy there, rest yourself. You have outdone and impressed the world of art more than any person we have ever known. You have no reason to be ashamed of your achievements merely because you do not own a silly cheap trophy. These material...things, they hold no value to those who are content within themselves and the people's lives they have touched." Pausing to wipe away a small tear that rebelliously forms to betray her emotion, "However..." She glances knowingly towards her brother, who pulls a dark wooden box out from under the bed and passes it to her, trembling as he does so. "All of us have something we'd like to show you. For you, we have been meaning to find a way to give this to you. To tell you...
Pulling the two latches up to unlock the box, she passes it gingerly over to Leo. "Here. It is over three decades old. We were hoping that by agreeing to a deal with..." Her brother clears his throat, halting his sister's words.
"Never you mind, just open the box, why don't you?" The son leans slightly closer as he speaks, "We saved this for a time we felt right. Go on!"
Leo, his eyes now infused with a childish energy not seen in years, slowly opens the hand-carved oak box. As he does, a glorious warm golden glow starts to radiate off his awe-stricken face as it stares in wild wonder at the contents, a smile starts to form just in time to catch his streaming tears of joy, speechless. He is now complete, fulfilled.
Or...umm, summin' like that anyway.

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
I dont think he will win it....simply because the revenant albeit a great film is just not as good as some of the others out at the same time........i hope the martian or hateful 8 wins it.........but knowing the way the oscars works, steve jobs will probably get it.