Killer Instinct to Include Halo Arbiter in Season 3

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
Killer Instinct to Include Halo Arbiter in Season 3

Plasma sword in hand, the Covenant is coming to Killer Instinct.

During the Halo Regional World Championships this weekend, Microsoft, 343 Industries and Iron Galaxy announced the inclusion of Arbiter as a playable character in the upcoming third season of Killer Instinct with a new gameplay trailer.

This is not the Arbiter, the Covenant commander featured in Halo 2 and Halo 3, nor is it that other Arbiter from Halo Wars, but a new character altogether. Halo Franchise Development Director Frank O'Connor referred to the Killer Instinct Arbiter as, "an amalgam of historical Arbiters."

In the video, Arbiter is shown to use the Plasma Sword and Rifle weapons from Halo, as well as the ability to become invisible (employed to deliver a nasty combo against Thunder).

[gallery=5813]

This is the second franchise crossover character to be announced for Season 3 of Killer Instinct, joining Rash of Battletoads fame. Season 3 of Killer Instinct will arrive on Xbox One and (for the first time) Windows PCs next month.

Sources: Polygon [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIxkQLaW0Ao]

XenoScifi

Dec 30, 2013
I completely forgot KI was even a thing. Literally! I remember being so pumped (growing up a huge KI fan in the 90's) and then being completely bummed that it's an xbone exclusive. Up until just now I've heard and seen nothing about this game on any media site I visit daily. I am curious why that is.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
What? That is. What?

I cannot process this, I need time to think about this.

Pretty stupid...

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I'm sure that both of the people still playing Killer Instinct will be pleased.

Sep 24, 2008
There's no tone in Killer Instinct.

It's just "Hey, you know this guy? He's pretty cool. Let's see what happens if we put him in."

Vengeful spirt, Golem, Mummy, Demon, Battletoad... It's just all over the place.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Keith David not voicing this Arbiter is definitely a bummer and the argument of "this isn't Halo 2/3's Arbiter!" is pretty fucking lazy and a cop out. But still, I'm pretty fucking excited about it! :D

XenoScifi said:
Up until just now I've heard and seen nothing about this game on any media site I visit daily. I am curious why that is.
KI is constantly covered in Destructoid.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
ObsidianJones said:
There's no tone in Killer Instinct.

It's just "Hey, you know this guy? He's pretty cool. Let's see what happens if we put him in."

Vengeful spirt, Golem, Mummy, Demon, Battletoad... It's just all over the place.
It just takes games further away from paying for a complete experience to subscribing to a service.