If Games Were Honest - Classic Games Get New Titles

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
If Games Were Honest - Classic Games Get New Titles

We always talk about "truth in advertising," so sister site Smosh thought it would be fun to go after some classic games from years ago.

Have you ever played some classic games and wondered how they came up with the name? Or have you ever had preconceived notions about a game and found it didn't meet them? Now imagine if those games had titles that actually matched the experience or your expectations.

Sister site Smosh.com [http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/20-honest-names-famous-toys] has taken 20 classic games and given them new titles. And almost all of them fit the experience perfectly.

[gallery=5908]

Disclaimer: Yes, Smosh is a sister site in our network, but I would have posted this any way. I laughed out loud at a few of them.

Source: Smosh.com [http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/20-honest-names-famous-toys]

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Straight Line
Straight Line
Straight Line
Square

When I saw that thumbnail, I thought it was going to be commentary on Square Enix, works just as well for etch-a-sketch I suppose.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The only one that got a chuckle out of me was Risk, because that's pretty much my strategy for every game of Risk that I get sucked into.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I mean...okay? I mean no Settlers of Catan(the most boring game ever) nor Guess Who(insanely easy to cheat). Also Uno! Uno!
I played a running game of that with my brother once. We used 2 decks. On and off it took the better part of a month.

JCAll

Oct 12, 2011
Pretty good, but the Candyland one falls flat. Should have been something like "The game for people to stupid for dice".

irish286

Mar 17, 2012
Hey, Slinkies are awesome. Metal ones, the plastic ones didn't walk down stairs right and didn't carry sound to well.