Riot Games Acquires Rising Thunder Studio Radiant Entertainment

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Riot Games Acquires Rising Thunder Studio Radiant Entertainment

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1293/1293846.jpg

"You have been a consistent source of motivation and inspiration for us, and we look forward to continuing to talk and work with you in the future."

Rising Thunder and Stonehearth studio Radiant Entertainment announced today [http://www.radiant-entertainment.com/] that it has been acquired by League of Legends developer Riot Games. The Rising Thunder alpha will close permanently on March 18, with the team beginning work on a new title. Meanwhile, development on Stonehearth will continue "full speed ahead."

Radiant founders Tom and Tony Cannon said the studio "will continue their mission of building incredible games that speak to us personally as players."

"We are delighted to announce that Radiant Entertainment has been acquired by Riot Games. At Riot, our developers will continue their mission of building incredible games that speak to us personally as players," the announcement reads.

"First and foremost, Stonehearth will go on, full speed ahead. We'll continue delivering Alphas at our current pace, with the aim of delivering the final game "when it's ready." We'll continue keeping you up to date on our progress through things like our Twitch streams and Desktop Tuesday blog posts," the announcement continues. "As for Rising Thunder, the team will start work on a new game that we're incredibly excited about. We wish we could say more now, but rest assured you'll hear more when the time is right. For now, we will be permanently closing Rising Thunder on March 18th. Thanks to everyone who participated in the Alpha!"

"You have been a consistent source of motivation and inspiration for us, and we look forward to continuing to talk and work with you in the future."

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/riotgames/status/707296921979789312]

NinjaTank56

Jan 14, 2015
what?!!?

when they say the Rising Thunder team is making a new game, do they mean a new fighting game, or something different? I loved what I'd played of the alpha, it would be really sad to see all their work go down the drain. Although I doubt Seth Killian is going to be working on anything but a fighting game, so maybe there's hope...

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Wait, so Rising Thunder is being dropped? I hope not, I really like it.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Disappointing. I was looking forward to Rising Thunder's ideas and development.
So, does the countdown to a LoL fighter announcement start now, or is it better practice to wait a day?