Fallout 4 Automatron Add-on Gets New Trailer

John Keefer

Devilish Rogue
Aug 12, 2013
Fallout 4 Automatron Add-on Gets New Trailer

Bethesda has been talking a bit about its expansions for Fallout 4 and now they are showing off the first one with a trailer for Automatron.

We've been getting some news [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166441-Fallout-4-Season-Pass-Price-Increase-and-DLC-Details] about coming DLC for Fallout 4, and the first one is right around the corner. Bethesda thought you should get a look at what you are getting by releasing a new trailer.

This expansion surrounds a character called the Mechanist who likes robots and has been sending his minions out into the Commonwealth to cause some mechanical mayhem. You destroy them and then build your own, choosing from hundreds of parts, to help combat the bad guy. Think Battlebots in the Fallout 4 universe. One scene from the trailer has a robot kncoking another down, then go in for the kill. You can't help but think "FINISH HIM" as it starts its destruction.

Automatron will be released on March 22 for $9.99 on consoles and PC, although it will come to you at no additional cost if you have the season pass. In addition, the Wasteland Workshop is coming in April for $4.99, and Far Harbor will be released in May for $24.99, again all part of the season pass if you have it. The season pass price recently went up from $29.99 to $49.99 at the beginning of March.

Future updates will have the Creation Kit, which will allow mod support, and Bethesda is currently testing Survival Mode.

[gallery=5967]

Mar 30, 2010
22nd of March, huh? That's all I needed to know. Been waiting two weeks for this to drop, and it does look pretty awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to make a pint-sized Warhound, or maybe a Reaver.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Damn, wish I still had my AntAgonizer suit.

Looks really cool, I do wonder if it's going to be the same Mechanist from Fallout 3, obviously having uploaded his brain into something.

LadyMint

Apr 22, 2010
If they'll let me make a dogbot, then we'll be in business.

Or maybe, a robot that looks like a Radstag.

I'm jussayin', there are not enough badass animal companions.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
This is a DLC for the least RPG-ish Fallout ever, for Fallout that isn't even RPG anymore, but a shooter with RPG elements.

But robots...

Whatever, knowing Bethesda, GOTY edition will be out in 2018 and will cost 10 bucks. I can wait.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Looks cool, but as with everything Bethesda that's an RPG, those animations look like a joke.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
*Watches*
At 42 seconds in the video there's an Assaultron-head laser pistol. You remember those lasers that caught you completely off guard at first, vaporizing you, but then you learned to take cover when they fired, neutering the threat.
GothmogII said:

Looks really cool, I do wonder if it's going to be the same Mechanist from Fallout 3, obviously having uploaded his brain into something.
I'm guessing it's the kid from Canterbury Commons who inspired the previous Mechanist to put on the suit. Dr. Li, MacReady, and Maxson were the only returning characters from 3, and 2 of those were children, as they cannot have died during Fallout 3. The original Mechanist could die, so I doubt it's him.

TheNaut131

Jul 6, 2011
A plethora of rouge robotic rascals lead by a maniacal mechanical madman?!

This looks like a job...FOR THE SILVER SHROUD!

But even the Silver Shroud would have a tough time dealing with mechanical monstrosities such as these. So it's time to even the playing field with a new heroic fighting force of their own. ENTER THE SILVER SENTRIES!

Seriously, this just looks really fun. I love me some robots so I'm all up for making a bunch of cool ass clunkers and going to town!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Wait wait wait...Is this a post-apocalyptic robot wars mini-game??

I felt the spirit of Futurama channelled through this trailer.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
GothmogII said:

that outfit is one mod away from being a reality

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
weirdee said:
GothmogII said:

that outfit is one mod away from being a reality
I'm hoping that we won't have to wait for modders to make it and that you will get it at some point in this DLC. If not then I shall be very dissapointed.