PSA: Attack on Titan Season 2 Has NOT Been Delayed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
PSA: Attack on Titan Season 2 Has NOT Been Delayed

There is as of yet no official confirmation that the second series of Attack on Titan has been delayed.

This week, a few reports [http://www.dayherald.com/attack-on-titan-season-2-to-be-delayed-since-the-manga-isnt-four-story-arc-ahead-scoop-reveals-the-source-of-erens-power/10813/] have cropped up claiming that the second season of Hajime Isayama Attack on Titan's anime adaptation has been halted indefinitely. We have done the research, and were unable to find a solid source on this one, so we're officially declaring it one of "Bogos's boguses".

First up, almost all of the outlets reporting this news don't have an actual source. The one we were able to find that did actually have a source was just a broken link to the "official Attack on Titan Facebook page."

Secondly, a lot of these reports claim that anime director Tetsuro Araki has decided to delay the anime because the manga is not a full four story arcs ahead of where season 1 left off. While this is true (the anime is only three story arcs ahead), the last two story arcs have proven to be considerably longer than the earlier ones in the series. Araki has also not made any official public announcements regarding the series in recent months.

The only official pieces of news we have to go on is the official advertisement for season two you will see in the video above, which aired in Japan this January, and the official press release [http://eiga.com/news/20141127/21/] from Attack on Titan's production company which both simply state that we will see season 2 in 2016.

So the rumors circling around that the second series has been "delayed" are just that - rumors.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I honestly could not care less.

It was cool for like 10 episodes when it was about tiny humans with awesome grappling hook butt boosters going up against and getting eaten by huge (or medium sized), disgusting, fucked up man babies.

Theennn Eren became a Titan who fights with the power of shouting really loud and everyone died and blah blah blah

Zburator

Aug 20, 2012
Couldn't the thumbnail for this article be more... appropriate?

Not linking back to a crap live-action adaption perhaps?

On another note, manga reader here, and yeah, they have plenty of material for a season 2.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Bob_McMillan said:
Theennn Eren became a Titan who fights with the power of shouting really loud and everyone died and blah blah blah
But, but, the Japanese need to have 2 large monsters fighting in a city! It's how it's always been!

But seriously, I knew they were building up to something like that, with all the desperation and constant death, something was needed so they advance forth. Unfortunately they didn't introduce it well, and they could have written it differently so it didn't seem completely hopeless from the get go.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
Nazulu said:
Bob_McMillan said:
But, but, the Japanese need to have 2 large monsters fighting in a city! It's how it's always been!

But seriously, I knew they were building up to something like that, with all the desperation and constant death, something was needed so they advance forth. Unfortunately they didn't introduce it well, and they could have written it differently so it didn't seem completely hopeless from the get go.
"Completely hopeless" is Isayama's M.O. He pretty much admitted his original plan for the manga had it ending like the movie adaption of The Mist, though he has said he rethought that after a while.

People complaining that Eren's titan form somehow made him a shonen hero clearly aren't familiar with the story, though. He's still made of as much fail now as he was before... he's just larger fail now.

I could just be venting because DAMN was this month's chapter bleak. Like, seriously, anyone else follow this series? After this month's chapter I officially dub Attack on Titan "Darkness induced audience apathy: the manga"

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
balladbird said:
I could just be venting because DAMN was this month's chapter bleak. Like, seriously, anyone else follow this series? After this month's chapter I officially dub Attack on Titan "Darkness induced audience apathy: the manga"
I'm with you there. Things were kinda looking up in some of the most recent chapters but then BAM!

Our heroes seem pretty screwed.

Zburator

Aug 20, 2012
anthony87 said:
balladbird said:
I'm with you there. Things were kinda looking up in some of the most recent chapters but then BAM!

Our heroes seem pretty screwed.
Please. They just need a home run.

...And maybe a checkov's...
syringe

Emanuele Ciriachi

Jun 6, 2013
I'm afraid SnK could become the Lost of anime series - intriguing premises and setup, but no way to tie up all loose ends in a satisfactory and consistent fashion.

Misteries on top of misteries work well... if you are going to have reasonable answers to them at some point.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
balladbird said:
Eren is the Princess who constantly gets kidnapped. Mikasa is his knight who comes to his rescue.
Honestly, I barely see Eren as the main character. He's more a tool used by the humans to defeat the Titans.

And, yes, I have been reading the manga. Just when things were looking up, it seems everything is pretty much hopeless. I went into the latest chapter thinking "this is where things start to turn around" only to find that I was wrong. At this rate, the one advantage that they had will be gone sooner than later.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
I nearly quit on the anime when they spend a bunch of time introducing us to characters over the academy arc only to then kill 3/4 of everyone off. While I'm a fan of gory anime and don't mind horrific stuff where there is no happy ending, AoT seemed like it was going to be one of those that constantly played this game where everyone dies all the time and there's no hope, even if we make it seem like there might be. That just ends up making you apathetic. Thankfully, season 1 ended with some progress, but hearing that the manga seems to be doing exactly what I fear, I'm not sure I'm going to care for long. Too bad too, it's an interesting premise.

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
The mangaka is very busy writing himself into a corner so I can understand why theyd be holding it off if that were actually the case.