30 Oculus Rift Launch Titles Announced

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
30 Oculus Rift Launch Titles Announced

Oculus has revealed the 30 titles that will be available when the Rift becomes available later this month.

30 games will be available for the Oculus Rift when the headset arrives on March 28, including Eve: Valkyrie, Adrift, Defense Grid 2, and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - which our team loved [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/conferences/pax-prime-2015/14579-Keep-Talking-and-Nobody-Explodes-PAX-Prime-2015-VR-Oculus-Bomb-G#&gid=gallery_4670&pid=1] when they tried it out at PAX Prime 2015. According to Oculus, the lineup represents "years of work from a global community of developers who are pioneering the future of VR."

"These games take you to the outer reaches of space, mysterious labyrinths of wonder, and fantastic worlds of adventure. And they're just the beginning," a blog post reads [https://www.oculus.com/en-us/blog/introducing-30-games-coming-to-oculus-on-march-28/]. "We're working with thousands of developers on entirely new VR experiences. There are over a hundred more games coming to Oculus this year."

The full list of launch titles can be viewed below:
//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1297/1297891.png

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
I simply bought to be the display for my racing seat.
Don't care too much about all the other stuff but some flight or space game would be nice. Not sure about Eve... not into MP these days.
Maybe Elite since SC will only release when Jupiter and Saturn align on a Sunday that is Christmas Eve and Eastern at the same time.

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
I'm not seeing anything that'd be a 'killer app' for me at least.
Besides.
Price is the biggest turn off for me at the moment anyway.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Ishigami said:
Maybe Elite since SC will only release when Jupiter and Saturn align on a Sunday that is Christmas Eve and Eastern at the same time.
Elite with the DK2 is something special.

It's one thing knowing that a standard Coriolis Starport is roughly two thirds the size of the Death Star, but flying towards the docking slot in VR and holy shit this thing is the size of a small moon. That was the real shock of VR for me, the sense of scale it gives to games.

Elite, Cars and Keep Talking strike me as the things to sell Occulus Retail. I'm not sure Valkyrie will be quite long legged enough for the kind of people that spend ?2000 on hardware. Keep Talking is almost the ultimate party game, a real friendship breaker.

tacotrainwreck

Sep 15, 2011
Definitely. Elite: Dangerous on VR will knock your socks off, provided your system can handle it.

Another thing early adapters should look for not on the list above is 'I Expect You to Die'. Probably the best 10 minutes I've ever had playing a video game.

Another one is Vox Machinae. It's not ready for prime time yet, but if you've ever wanted to experience Mechwarrior from the cockpit, there it is.