5 Actors Who Should Play The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Firefilm

May 27, 2011

If The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was rebooted, who would step into the big, vacant boots of Sean Connery and...all those other actors from 2003 who went on to do nothing? Who, I ask?

Read Full Article

Gutsripper

Aug 23, 2010
Firefilm said:

If The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was rebooted, who would step into the big, vacant boots of Sean Connery and...all those other actors from 2003 who went on to do nothing? Who, I ask?

Read Full Article
The photos of Aidan Gillen and Matthew Goode in the article are switched.
Other than that, fairly good casting.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
I'd like to see this redone. The movie wasn't great, but it absolutely could have been. I always liked the idea of literary legends being a semi-sort of superhero team, though I'm not necessarily a fan of the work it was based off of. I don't hate it, but I'm not that high on Alan Moore's work. I mean Watchmen is an absolute classic, but some of the rest of his work just feels off to me. Might be that some of the things he puts in his works come off as extremely creep-sexual.
Still the concept is there, and it intrigues me enough that I'd like to see a second go in the cinema or, even better IMO, a miniseries on a streaming network.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I'd love a new LoEG movie... hell, what about a series of them?

To that end, however, I do think that you could get a better Quatermain. Brosnan would be good, but I don't think he has the charisma that could pull it off. Ralph Fiennes or Gary Oldman on the other hand could bring a character closer to the original, a brooding, disenfranchised, lonely hunter; a man who is forced to make a living as a hunter, his only skill, that has helped to destroy the land he loves.