RollerCoaster Tycoon World Delayed, Offers Refunds

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
RollerCoaster Tycoon World Delayed, Offers Refunds

RollerCoaster Tycoon World has switched to an early access model with no definite release date.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137176-Roller-Coaster-Tycoon-World-Wants-to-Be-Better-than-Roller-Coaster-Tycoon-3], originally slated for release in December, 2015, has been delayed yet again, this time, indefinitely. The studio has decided to switch to an "early access" model, allowing fans to play the game while the team is finishing it up. Some fans will no doubt be upset with this news, so developer Nvizzio Creations has offered "no-questions-asked" refunds to anyone who has pre-ordered the game, up util March 31.

"We now are happy to announce that RollerCoaster Tycoon World will be available this Wednesday, March 30 via Steam Early Access," wrote the dev in a blog post [http://steamcommunity.com/games/282560/announcements/detail/646638027963867830].

"We know this is not what some of you may have expected. Thus, we are reaffirming our refund policy - we allow refunds up to March 31st 2016 to anyone that pre-ordered the game through Atari.com or RollerCoasterTycoon.com. This gives you a day to try Early Access, no strings attached. If you pre-ordered via Steam or another retailer, they will be able to facilitate refunds as needed."

[gallery=6093]

The early access version of the game lacks some of it's most-touted features, including piece-by-piece custom built structures, weather and the scenario editor.

Source: Steam [http://steamcommunity.com/games/282560/announcements/detail/646638027963867830]

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
This isn't at all surprising to me really.

Nerd? did a review of this about 6 months ago I believe, when it was in an alpha release, and they had stated the release date as Q1 2016, and it was that far away from being anything worthwhile he said there and then there's no way it was going to make that deadline.

They've taken everything that was good about RCT3 and have dropped it for some reason.

Weird. Not really too enthusiastic about this game at all, unless they do some major overhaul to it.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
It's for the best. Planet Coaster is coming out within a year or so; there's utterly no way RCT can compete against that game without reenacting that Robert Di Nero thrashing scene in Raging Bull. And no, RCT won't be the one thrashing.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
I was quietly looking forward to a new RCT, but have been hearing negative impressions about this one for a while which is a bummer. Time to find out how well the original runs on Windows 10.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
FileTrekker said:
They've taken everything that was good about RCT3 and have dropped it for some reason.
Then I probably going to like World as I really didn't like 3. Or 2, for that matter but for 2, it was more because it used the 'X visitors to year Y" goal not often enough and instead wanted to use the gimmick goals more plus it felt like it had less content than 1 even with both addons (I did like the addional build mechanics of 2, but that was not enough for me). Only game from the series I really liked was the original - and there, I still hate the "company value" goal as I still haven't figured out how to actually do them.

Maybe I'll give World a try once it's playable.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
I hope they are able to use this time to meet Coaster Planet. Perhaps Planetcoaster will be awful? I hope this project is successful since a lot of work has gone into this.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
FileTrekker said:
Nerd? did a review of this about 6 months ago I believe, when it was in an alpha release, and they had stated the release date as Q1 2016, and it was that far away from being anything worthwhile he said there and then there's no way it was going to make that deadline.
Actually, RTWorld was in it's beta, which is all the more damning as it has less content, worse bugs and STILL probably wouldn't make a Q1 2016 release.

Meanwhile PlanetCoaster (which nerd3 also reviewed recently) is in it's Alpha and is a more polished game, has about a release-worths of content ready to go, and still has more than a half a year to get better.

planetcoaster ftw
This is reminding me of Simcity vs City Skylines. You have the older series with the branding vs a new upstart appearing to do everything better. One can only hope, like that fight, we at least end up with a decent game between the two.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
cikame said:
I was quietly looking forward to a new RCT, but have been hearing negative impressions about this one for a while which is a bummer. Time to find out how well the original runs on Windows 10.
If you want an updated version of the original, why not try Parkitecht?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Who's surprised they needed to delay again? With as plagued with problems and developer changes as RCTW has been, it's only shocking to me in that it didn't go Early Access sooner.