This Guy Hit Level 100 in World of Warcraft Using Dance Mats

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
This Guy Hit Level 100 in World of Warcraft Using Dance Mats

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1308/1308601.jpgIf you thought that getting to the level cap in World of Warcraft took a while, how long would it take if you used dance pads as controllers instead of your keyboard and mouse?

5 days, 11 hours, 48 minutes and 38 seconds.

That's how long it took Twitch user Rudeism [https://www.twitch.tv/rudeism/profile], who did exactly that. Yesterday, his quest was finally completed, and as you might imagine, he looked a bit exhausted. That's no surprise, since he made the final push over a seven hour long stream.

While this accomplishment is impressive, it's just another in the long list of games that Rudeism has conquered using alternative controllers. His Twitch profile lists his other successes, which include beating Portal and CS:GO with a guitar controller, and finishing Mirror's Edge using a steering wheel.

Rumor has it that he's going to take on Dark Souls with his dance pads next, which should be interesting.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Not bad, but I will be more impressed the moment he manages to play SingStar with the NES Zapper.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
What class did he play? Arcane Mage?

Honestly, that is impressive regardless.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
All the old bots used hunters because they were easy, so
Saltyk said:
What class did he play? Arcane Mage?

Honestly, that is impressive regardless.
I was guessing hunter. Turns out as a rogue, I find that surprising.

kris40k

Feb 12, 2015
I used to play WoW back during Burning Crusade with a 360 controller which I had a custom controller profile to have common stuff like selecting, cancelling, tab targeting, toggle mouselook, and about 32 ability hotkeys. I used to joke with my guild-mates that I was working on setting up a profile my Rock Band drum set. Burned out around that time, but it would have been fun to do.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
So, the next most impressive thing to happen will be when someone completes a pacifist run using that huge "controller" from Chromehounds, right?

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Caramel Frappe said:
Rumor has it that he's going to take on Dark Souls with his dance pads next, which should be interesting.
I'm a veteran at Dark Souls and I can't even play it without my beloved controller (keyboard and mouse is too much for me). Using a dance pad would not only be impressive, but absolutely insane for the guy- imagine his heart rate when he engages certain bosses like Artorias or Kalameet ...... hot dang.

I'll have to keep a close watch on this guy if he decides to go through with it.
to be fair, trying to use keyboard and mouse EVEN WITH THE FIX MODS on dark souls is probably worse than trying to play drunk with a controller

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
Well, that's one way to break the fat-gamer-stereotype. Perhaps the wii was onto something after all with their motion control and wii-fitness :p

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
And for his next self-imposed torture, I mean, challenge, he'll be playing I Wanna Be The Guy ... with the Kinect.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
weirdee said:
Caramel Frappe said:
I'm a veteran at Dark Souls and I can't even play it without my beloved controller (keyboard and mouse is too much for me). Using a dance pad would not only be impressive, but absolutely insane for the guy- imagine his heart rate when he engages certain bosses like Artorias or Kalameet ...... hot dang.

I'll have to keep a close watch on this guy if he decides to go through with it.
to be fair, trying to use keyboard and mouse EVEN WITH THE FIX MODS on dark souls is probably worse than trying to play drunk with a controller
Dark Souls? Drunk? Controller? Possible alcohol poisoning with the chance that being drunk may make you better at the game than being sober?

Have you been watching Funhaus' recent Drunk Souls episode?

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Floppertje said:
Well, that's one way to break the fat-gamer-stereotype. Perhaps the wii was onto something after all with their motion control and wii-fitness :p
VR is all about movement within gaming. Could you image a jogging simulator? Where people ran? Like, in real life?

Mind. Blown!!

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
Parasondox said:
Floppertje said:
VR is all about movement within gaming. Could you image a jogging simulator? Where people ran? Like, in real life?

Mind. Blown!!
After goat simulator, water simulator, black screen simulator and grass simulator I would be very surprised if nobody makes a jogging simulator.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
So is nobody going to point out this?

ffronw said:
His Twitch profile lists his other successes, which include beating Portal and CS:GO with a guitar controller,
You can't "beat" CSGO. Its a competitive round-based team shooter. There are no levels to overcome. There is no story to work through. There is no single player outside of playing vs bots. You can't beat it any more than you can "beat" basketball or "beat" chess. You can win a game of it, or even a tournament, but there's nothing to "beat".

sonicneedslovetoo

Jul 6, 2015
Looked into the footage and turns out he used a Monk which actually makes a bit of sense considering how they work, class was Brewmaster.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Lightspeaker said:
So is nobody going to point out this?

You can't "beat" CSGO. Its a competitive round-based team shooter. There are no levels to overcome. There is no story to work through. There is no single player outside of playing vs bots. You can't beat it any more than you can "beat" basketball or "beat" chess. You can win a game of it, or even a tournament, but there's nothing to "beat".
A fair point. I honestly haven't played CS:GO much at all, so there could easily have been a story mode that I was not aware of. I just grabbed that info from the list of games he had listed as having beaten on his profile.