PlayStation 4 Update 3.5 Release Date, Features Revealed

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
PlayStation 4 Update 3.5 Release Date, Features Revealed

The next major update for the PlayStation 4, version 3.5, will be hitting tomorrow.

In a blog post today [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/05/playstation-3-50-system-software-update-out-tomorrow/], Sony announced that the PlayStation 4's update 3.5 will be available tomorrow, April 6. The update, which was codenamed "MUSASHI," will bring with it an "appear offline" status, scheduled events, remote play, and more.

"Appear Offline" is a new option that will appear under "Online Status," and will let you - you guessed it - appear as if you are not on. "This could be useful if you want to play games or watch movies without your friends knowing you're online," the description reads. The update also brings Friend Notification, which will let you receive notifications when a friend (who, I assume, hasn't selected appear offline) logs on.

"User Scheduled Events" gives players the ability to schedule gaming sessions and will automatically add and users who registered to a party, while Play Together lets all members of a party see what everyone else is playing so they can join in or start a new game.

"With this update, we're expanding PS4's Remote Play capabilities to work with Windows PC and Mac," the post continues. It will be compatible on PC and Mac with the following system software: Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.11.

[gallery=6127]

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
""This could be useful if you want to play games or watch movies without your friends knowing you're online," the description reads. "

Wow! I wish I was brilliant enough to apply for the 'write some text about features'-team at Sony. But sadly, such genius work shows I can never attain such lofty hights :'(

Ryallen

Will never say anything smart
Feb 25, 2014
So, you're telling me that I will be able to play my PS4 from the comfort of my own room? Even though my PS4 is just a few steps outside my room to the adjacent one where it's hooked up to a TV bigger than I am? Wow! Now if only I could have mustered up the interest to play it when it was still plugged into my monitor before I moved it to the other room...

Sol_HSA

was gaming before you were born
Nov 25, 2008
This could be useful if you want to play games or watch movies without your friends knowing you're online

This could be useful if you want to play games or watch movies without your BOSS knowing you're online
FTFY

Janichsan

May 26, 2015
Ryallen said:
So, you're telling me that I will be able to play my PS4 from the comfort of my own room? Even though my PS4 is just a few steps outside my room to the adjacent one where it's hooked up to a TV bigger than I am? Wow! Now if only I could have mustered up the interest to play it when it was still plugged into my monitor before I moved it to the other room...
You obviously live alone or with someone who likes nothing more than watching you play?

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
Useless ass update.

Call me when you can rebind controls.
Such functionality was added in firmware version 2.50.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
bluegate said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Useless ass update.

Which is equally as useless. Here I am, stuck with the Asian version of the PS4 with circle as the select button, while every game I have uses X. Their "rebinding" does nothing to help, and is poorly implemented too.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
bluegate said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Useless ass update.

Which is equally as useless. Here I am, stuck with the Asian version of the PS4 with circle as the select button, while every game I have uses X. Their "rebinding" does nothing to help, and is poorly implemented too.
Ah that problem, good luck with that.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Still waiting for a "TV console is relative" update. Nothing? Ok.

*Sadly goes back to PC/portable gaming*