Add Some Fire Emblem Into Your XCOM 2 With This Relationship Mod

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Add Some Fire Emblem Into Your XCOM 2 With This Relationship Mod

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1310/1310910.jpgYou got your Fire Emblem in my XCOM 2! You got your XCOM 2 in my Fire Emblem!

If you love XCOM 2, but you wish you could be rewarded for building relationships between your soldiers, you're going to love this new mod from modder RealityMachina [http://steamcommunity.com/id/Exposed1/myworkshopfiles/?appid=268500]. The Squad Cohesion mod lets you get buffs (and debuffs) for all your squad members based on their relationships with their fellow soldiers.

After every mission, soldiers can gain (or lose) cohesion points based on the outcome of the mission. A flawless mission with many enemy kills will obviously award more points than a failed mission where a soldier was lost or captured.

As the cohesion level rises, your soldiers will get more powerful buffs. Of course, there are also some negative effects. Soldiers who are close to members of their squad will more easily be shaken in a teammate is killed, as you might expect. You can see all the relationships and cohesion scores in the armory, and if you want to tweak the values, you can do that by editing one .ini file.

It's a neat idea, and could make the implicit relationships you create among your XCOM 2 soldiers that much more tangible.

You can grab the Squad Cohesion mod in the Steam Workshop [http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660665065].

[gallery=6138]

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Yes, but you're ignoring the obvious question when you introduce FE mechanics:

Can you ship them?

Bolt-206

Dec 6, 2010
The amount of people that'll pair this mod with the playable advent mod...

Still, neat idea, may try it on my next run.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Now that we have a shipping mod we need a mod to add the viper to the team so we can ship viper-chan with our heavy weapons guy, who is Berry White.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Worgen said:
Now that we have a shipping mod we need a mod to add the viper to the team so we can ship viper-chan with our heavy weapons guy, who is Berry White.
Said mod allready exists... playable advent mod. Also includes most of the others, like chrysalids, mutons and tha damn andromedon

Anyways... isnt this article overblowing this mod a little bit by comparing it to fire emblem? I mean we are talking about simple number games here, its not like there are actual support conversations between squad members or anything like in fire emblem.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Karadalis said:
Worgen said:
Said mod allready exists... playable advent mod. Also includes most of the others, like chrysalids, mutons and tha damn andromedon

Anyways... isnt this article overblowing this mod a little bit by comparing it to fire emblem? I mean we are talking about simple number games here, its not like there are actual support conversations between squad members or anything like in fire emblem.
Ahh, when I hear advent I think the human guys, not the aliens.

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
meirol said:
it's not like Fire Emblem because there is no creepy petting minigame
Exactly! How am I supposed to show my support for my fictional pixel people if I can't creepily pet them!? I need to be able to coo over my viper lady, damnit!

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
I saw the title, and hoped someone had modded a way to add Arthur to my Xcom squad...

I am disappointed. It seems alien warfare will remain devoid of JUSTICE!

Still, the world needs more shipping, so I'm down with this.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Worgen said:

You are reading my mind buddy. Once they get the Vipers in we can then focus on the berserker waifus.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Saulkar said:
Worgen said:
You are reading my mind buddy. Once they get the Vipers in we can then focus on the berserker waifus.
The weird thing is that I only encountered one berserker in my game so far. I do need to get around to beating it but I encountered one awhile back then just no more beserkers. It was odd.