The Latest Suicide Squad Trailer is Packed With New Footage

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
The Latest Suicide Squad Trailer is Packed With New Footage

It was electric, so perfectly hectic...

Suicide Squad is reportedly in reshoots, although claims that it was to insert more humor as a result of the poor reviews for Batman Vs. Superman were rebutted today by director David Ayer, who indicated on Twitter [https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/719439142925373440] that they're going for "#moreaction." Whatever the reason for the reshoots, they haven't stopped Warner Bros. from giving us a new trailer to check out.

The trailer released at the MTV Movie awards last night, and is loaded with previously unseen footage. Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn and Jared Leto's Joker (Letoker?) steal the show once more - although we still haven't gotten to see much of the two of them together. Batfleck and his trusty 'mobile also make an appearance, as does The Sweet's "Ballroom Blitz."

Suicide Squad releases on August 5, 2016 - and a sequel is already rumored to be in the works [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166698-David-Ayer-Hints-at-Possible-Suicide-Squad-Sequel-in-2017].

You can check out the trailer above, and some screenshots of my favorite moments below.

[gallery=6140]

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
That was entertaining alright... might have been the music though...
Still to be seen if we just saw every funny line in the entire movie.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Sorry is that Batman, Ben Affleck Batman? or is someone else playing this Batman and if that is the case seriously what the fuck is WB up to with this DCCU? The movie looks fun enough but the line at the start 'what if Superman came down to the white house ripped off its roof and took the president', well I am pretty sure that none of the characters in this movie would or could do a fucking thing about it.

Synigma

Dec 24, 2014
I'm very on the fence about the whole DC movie universe so far; This movie is going to be the make or break for me I think.

They wasted Lex and Doomsday, so it all comes down to how they handle the Joker (and to a lesser degree the other villains in this movie). After all DC has always been about interesting villains (sorry but Bats and Supes are kind of boring on their own (especially Supes))

And damnit, there had better be some payoff for some of the stuff they setup in BvS!

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I wonder how much of this is the re-shoots for the legally mandated minimum jokes needed to be a comedy movie.

I hope none, because there wasn't a single joke. Like not just not funny, simply not even a single joke. Joke-less.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Putting a song over short little clips of the only "funny" bits of the movie doesn't convince me that this is going to be a fun and jolly affair. Everyone can see this is damage control but I'm just shocked that WB has so little faith in movie-goers as to think they won't notice. This movie has been going for dark and edgy the whole time and it shows in the costumes and aesthetics which you can't cover with music.

BvS was the last time I give the DCU money without weighing reviews.

Apr 17, 2009
So, those things they're fighting that just kind of fall apart like lego bricks when they get hacked up...what are they? I'm assuming they're part of the problem the squad is being sent in to deal with and not Enchantress going crazy or something

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
if they don't oversexualize harlequin she might be a kind of funny character and while will smith isn't exactly the original deathstroke personality his role as a team leader seems like it can be used for some decent comedy. even so the joker is highly dissapointing. jared leto is basically just mixing an impersination of jack nickelson and heath ledger while dressing like a 12 year old emo who has been locked inside of a box full of 90s comic books for a year. also the samurai lady bearly says anything which is a shame since she looks like one of the coolest comic book characters i have never heard of

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Really harping on the guardians of the galaxy here with having all your trailers playing classic rock songs.

I think they are worried this movie will be seen as joyless as batman Vs Superman.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I don't know if it's new jokes so much as editing some parts to look funnier. Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to this. Part of me is also like, "they rehired the actors to put a bit more levity into the movie because all the jokes were in the original trailer. Is this the rest of the jokes?"

We'll see.

COMaestro

Vae Victis!
May 24, 2010
CyanCat47 said:
...and while will smith isn't exactly the original deathstroke personality...
I believe Will Smith is playing Deadshot, not Deathstroke. Might explain the personality difference.

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Huh, well the first trailer seemed decent and got me interested, but this seems embarrassingly awkward. Even if the film was always going to be this quippy, after the fallout from BvS this just comes across as 'Look! We has banter! Please love us!'. The muted colour, the designs (it reminded me of Yahtzee's poster judging vid), and the supposed conceit jar with the poorly edited quips and music. The film might still be great, but it seems tonally all over the place.

Plus, in Guardians Of The Galaxy they were always just a bunch of space-rogues, and so the banter fitted nicely. But these trailers for Suicide Squad aren't selling the idea that these are bad guys/villains at all. No idea if the comics are actually suitably dark, but it kinda looks like WB/DC are bottling the concept.

Weirdly enough, though, the more I see of Leto's Joker the more I think he could be pretty damn good.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
First trailer was Queen, now The Sweet. This is turning into Wayne's World: The Superhero edition.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
looking fine the me; I think what WB is trying to do is sell is as an action film/black comedy. It's not gonna be Deadpool goofy, but I don't see it being dour due to too many of the characters being flatout batshit (for crying out loud, we got HARLEY, the queen of crazy harlequins). If they go by that angle it should be fine.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Laughing Man said:
Sorry is that Batman, Ben Affleck Batman? or is someone else playing this Batman and if that is the case seriously what the fuck is WB up to with this DCCU? The movie looks fun enough but the line at the start 'what if Superman came down to the white house ripped off its roof and took the president', well I am pretty sure that none of the characters in this movie would or could do a fucking thing about it.
Well, this universe has humor and jokes in it. So it can't possibly be the same universe as Batman v Superman...

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
This might be a silly question, but it just popped into my head. What is Harley Quinn's superpower or powers, and how did she get them? Or was she born with them?

Wikipedia has something about Poison Ivy having given her some sort of serum to boost her agility and making her immune to toxins. There is also some mention of her being dropped in a vat of toxic stuff, mirroring the Joker (and by the Joker?)

minkus_draconus

Sep 8, 2011
the December King said:
This might be a silly question, but it just popped into my head. What is Harley Quinn's superpower or powers, and how did she get them? Or was she born with them?

Wikipedia has something about Poison Ivy having given her some sort of serum to boost her agility and making her immune to toxins. There is also some mention of her being dropped in a vat of toxic stuff, mirroring the Joker (and by the Joker?)
This all depends on which version of her you are following.

She was originally introduced in the Batman: The Animated Series. Later on due to her popularity she was added to the comic.

From what I remember of the animated series (It's been a long time since I watched it) she has no super powers. She is just in love with Joker and good in a fight. Her origin was first explored in a Graphic novel (I forget the title). I seem to remember the video games presented it as her being a Psychiatrist treating the Joker at Arkham who fell in love with him and Joker basically bringing her over to his way of thinking.

To be honest I don't follow a lot of comics so I cant say what they have done with her other then I know the New 52 version of her was Joker chemical vatting her against her will which IMO is stupid.

Frankly the animated version of her is my version. Everyone probably has their own preference.