Minecraft Realms is Headed to Windows 10 and Pocket Editions

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Minecraft Realms is Headed to Windows 10 and Pocket Editions

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1312/1312030.jpgMicrosoft is bringing the Minecraft Realms server product to Minecraft: Pocket Edition and the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta.

Minecraft Realms, the Mojang-hosted server provider, is expanding onto other platforms. The newest product is a cross-platform offering that will let users of Minecraft: Pocket Edition and the Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta play together, regardless is they're playing on PC, iOS, Androis, or Windows Phone.

Realms is basically just a service for renting a server, so there are of course fees associated with it. The current PC/Mac version charges $7.99 a month for access to a server, and you can probably expect that this new service will come in around a similar price point. For now, though, there's no announced price.

If you want to try out this new version of Realms, there's a free alpha test going on for Android right now. You can sign up for it by visiting the Google Play Store [https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mojang.minecraftpe], but you will need a Xbox Live account to participate. Neither the service nor the alpha require your to have a Gold subscription.

There's more info in the post on Mojang's official site [https://mojang.com/2016/04/minecraft-realms-is-coming-to-pocket-and-win-10/], but no word on when the service might go live.

VinLAURiA

Dec 25, 2008
I'm hoping we can eventually get full parity between the PC version and all the console/mobile versions, so that we can have complete cross-play on all platforms.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
VinLAURiA said:
I'm hoping we can eventually get full parity between the PC version and all the console/mobile versions, so that we can have complete cross-play on all platforms.
That's not gonna happen. The only way for that to happen would be to heavily downgrade the PC version.