Grab this Awesome 80's VHS-style Dark Souls 3 Alternate Cover Art

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Grab this Awesome 80's VHS-style Dark Souls 3 Alternate Cover Art

As if Dark Souls 3 wasn't cool enough, now you can place your cover with this awesome art.

Loving Dark Souls 3, but wish the cover art was even cooler than it is? Fear not, because Bandai Namco has you covered.

Remember that awesome April Fool's Day video that made the game out to be an 80's straight to video VHS movie (We embedded it above in case you forgot)? Well, the company has now made the cover of that movie available as alternate cover art for you to download. You can see it in all its glory below.

Obviously, you'll need a color printer to enjoy this, or maybe a nearby printer or office supply store could help out. There's a version for each platform, so click the links below to download the one you need.

PC [http://bnent.eu/ds3vhscoverpc]
PS4 [http://bnent.eu/ds3vhscoverps4]
Xbox One [http://bnent.eu/ds3vhscoverx1]

[gallery=6146]

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
You know. I used to buy a lot of worn-out 1980s VHS' from the local pawn shop and aside from a few that never even worked, I never saw any VHS that had such terrible quality. Or was this the fault of older VCRs?

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
The cheesiness is strong in this one... But I have to admit it's definitely more creative than the real game cover.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
"When you pick a fight with the Devil, you'd better be stronger than Hell!"
That's good!
That's good stuff!

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
The trailer's pretty lukewarm but that cover is dope as hell, a significant improvement over the actual cover of the game.

meirol

Feb 14, 2012
I'm genuinely surprised how good this looks. I was half expecting an unoriginal splash of "Hey LOOK NEON SIGNS MIAMI SUNSET TECHNO GRIDS TYRANNOSAURUSES LASERS GOING EVERYWHERE!!"

Wiggum Esquilax

Apr 22, 2015
Saulkar said:
You know. I used to buy a lot of worn-out 1980s VHS' from the local pawn shop and aside from a few that never even worked, I never saw any VHS that had such terrible quality. Or was this the fault of older VCRs?
Picture tearing? Check.
Discoloration and distorted audio? Check.
Static? Of course we have static. Check.

The combination of a worn VHS and dirty VCR heads, each competing to ruin both picture and sound quality.
We also have a bad RF hookup to the TV, half-heartedly participating in the sabotage. When it has the time.

I do not miss VHS. Other things certainly, but not movie tapes.

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Wiggum Esquilax said:
Saulkar said:
Picture tearing? Check.
Discoloration and distorted audio? Check.
Static? Of course we have static. Check.
I am not denying that these artifacts of the medium existed. What I am saying is that the quality degradation is far beyond what I have ever personally, and the half dozen people I asked at work and home, experienced.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
the links are redirects to a PDF file (so not great image quality either way) and the PDF file faisl to load properly (probably because everyone clicking on it).

Wiggum Esquilax said:
I do not miss VHS. Other things certainly, but not movie tapes.
It has been replaced by equally bad quality streaming.