#105: Mighty Steed

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I'm not surprised that the Chocobo came out of it all as the dominant species in that particular evolutionary branch...

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
Well i suppose it is a traditional mount for elves and tradition often has a reason. like GIANT BATTLE TURKEYS!!!!!

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I was expecting the broken down truck, but if we are spoofing Final Fantasy this actually makes more sense.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Glorious. xD

Fun Fact: Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird instead of the bald eagle.

Grey, Cory. Did you two go back in time and show him this comic? ;D

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
That sure is some Hugo Award-worthy work right there.

Hurr hurr.

Congratulations/condolences.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
ALL SHALL FEAR THE MIGHTY TURCOBO! TREMBLE AND DESPAIR!!!

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
I was expecting a wimpy looking chocobo type deal. Instead we get a Turkey of death, ready to plow down legions of minions in its wake. I couldn't be happier. Also the look on the clerics, Arins, and Rads faces are priceless.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Pfft! Turkey ryder is noob. How U steer turkey w/o bit? Collar no wrk--turkey jst go where trky want.

There are a lot of emphasis lines coming out of this doorway for the last two strips. I kinda feel like this doorway is the most important thin in the EDA universe. Maybe those three standing boards and that barrel can pick up "Best Supporting Actor" while those amazing emphasis lines grab "Best Cinematography".

Now that the reveals are all complete, let's move on to some action sequences. And maybe a touching scene where Gunny shows back up and tell Rad "you forgot your hat."

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
So this one night a Chocobo got reallllly drunk, and when he woke up the next day next to that turkey he never expected THAT nine months later, huh?

Obbi

May 7, 2008
Imp Emissary said:
Glorious. xD

Fun Fact: Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be our national bird instead of the bald eagle.
That may not be entirely accurate [http://mentalfloss.com/article/53729/no-ben-franklin-didnt-want-turkey-great-seal].

Riding a giant turkey's probably not the smoothest of rides. Rad looks like he's gonna vom.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
CyanCat47 said:
what is that supposed to do? make people eat new year's dinner to death?
It's a turkey. It's delicious.

If it survived long enough to grow to that size, it has to be fast.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Chimpzy said:
CyanCat47 said:

personally i would keep it simply because the sound turkeys make always makes me laugh

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
CyanCat47 said:
Chimpzy said:
CyanCat47 said:

personally i would keep it simply because the sound turkeys make always makes me laugh
Except when you try to sleep in a house that is next to a turkey farm. Those birdies are goddamn obnoxious and incredibly loud!

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
That's what Erin was distressed about? Erin, you dolt! That's a mount you can EAT when celebrating your successful escape!