New Homefront: The Revolution Trailer Shows Off First Look at Story, Characters

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Homefront: The Revolution Trailer Shows Off First Look at Story, Characters

The first story trailer for Homefront: The Revolution introduces the main character, as well as the resistance leader you must save.

The second installment in the Homefront series is coming later this month, and today we got a new story trailer. It shows off a number of the characters you'll encounter as recruit Ethan Brady during the 30 hour campaign. That includes Benjamin Walker, the man they call the "Voice of Freedom," and the main target of your rescue attempts throughout the game.

The game is developed by Dambuster Studios, who was formerly known as Free Radical Design. When Crytek hit some rocky financial waters, they sold the Homefront IP to Deep Silver, and shuttered Free Radical. Deep Silver quickly opened Dambusters to continue development on the game, and hired most of those who were let go.

Homefront: The Revolution is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on May 17.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Screw Gamestop and their "exclusives" deals. Developers keep making extra content and spending extra development time to promote presales to this retailer. How much investment/money do they have stocked into Gamestop? It's seriously ridiculous! They're baiting customers to go exclusively to this one retailer over all other choice stores and online retailers.

And what has Gamestop done for the gaming industry as a whole? Well beyond putting EB games out of business? Or beyond promoting resales of games at 100% profit via discounting $5 off full retail price for used versions of recently released titles after paying less than 50% in buy-back value (quick math, that's $55 for a $60 title that they paid less than $30 credit for, pocketing $25 for the company on a resale. 41%!!!!!!).

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
WOLVERINES!

Continues to look great and I look forward to my day one purchase on next Friday. Interesting that the trailer puts so much attention on a collaborator as the main villain, rather then the invading KPA, but I suppose a local traitor is much easier to despise.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
30 hours? Damn that's awesome, can't fucking wait for this game. I was one of the few who actually liked the first one.

darkrage6

May 11, 2016
Deathfish15 said:
Screw Gamestop and their "exclusives" deals. Developers keep making extra content and spending extra development time to promote presales to this retailer. How much investment/money do they have stocked into Gamestop? It's seriously ridiculous! They're baiting customers to go exclusively to this one retailer over all other choice stores and online retailers.

And what has Gamestop done for the gaming industry as a whole? Well beyond putting EB games out of business? Or beyond promoting resales of games at 100% profit via discounting $5 off full retail price for used versions of recently released titles after paying less than 50% in buy-back value (quick math, that's $55 for a $60 title that they paid less than $30 credit for, pocketing $25 for the company on a resale. 41%!!!!!!).
I personally like them, because it's nice to have a place where I can trade in games I no longer wish to own for store credit towards new releases.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Every time this game pops back up, I get sad realizing that we're never getting a Frontlines: Fuel of War sequel.
Deathfish15 said:

These are just some of the reasons why I don't go to FUCKING GAMESTOP.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
All I can hope, is that this game is just as much fun as Red Faction: Guerrilla.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
Honestly, this seems really bland, i feel like i have seen this 100 times now and this will be little more than call of duty...

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
The character animations look a little choppy at times. It looks like there could be some good scenes in this though, particularly the interrogation bit where the guy did the whole hand gun bit. Get it, hand gun? Ok, I'll shut up.

But I hope there's a bit more to it than generic shooter gameplay. The leveling system and story is part of what made Wolfenstein: The New Order stick out.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Another Crytek game that isn't Timesplitters? Yawn...

And Homefront, too, the yawniest of the yawnfests Crytek has ever made.

You're damn right I'm gonna sit here having a whinge!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
MEEEERRRRIIICAAAAA!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

Seriously, as a non-American, it can get a bit eye-rolling at times.

And the gameplay I have seen is not particularly interesting either.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Is it just me, or is the voice acting and sound mixing...off? I mean, the characters are saying 'stuff,' but having just seen the trailer, all that sticks out in my mind is a bunch of mumbling.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
josemlopes said:
And here I am just waiting for a new Timesplitters
They wanted to do it but Crytek was like, "NO, GO WORK ON HOMEFRONT." Although to be a little fair, they gave a team full permission to make Timesplitters Rewind with their blessing. My guess here is Deep Silver may actually want to make another Timesplitters but they just don't want the work on Homefront they did to go to waste so they're shipping that first and then moving on to Timesplitters. (Hopefully.)