#109: Cutting In

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
While he has disarmed gunny with the power of Anime, that expression on his face when he first saw our heroes weapon choice was wonderful.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The Wooster said:
It slices. It dices.
The real question though:

Seriously though: I do like how all this tank-hurling power comes from an "archer" that can't hit a target 5 feet in front of him. :3

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Gunny might be in trouble after all. Innitially I thought he was going to take the hit because he believed his armour was stronger than the sword only to find that he suddenly has archer stats and can't take two melee attacks

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think he understands how physics works. Those bits of tank are still going to hit him.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I like how he's using a katana draw technique for a sabre. Oh, anime.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
He's going to be extra surprised when Gunny fires one of those ultra draw arrows through that slice while his saber is out of position to defend against it.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I was thinking Gunny will shoot an arrow, as in the tank was just a diversion...
Then I remembered his accuracy with a bow.
Hopefully he has somthing up his hat to help him.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
09philj said:
I don't think he understands how physics works. Those bits of tank are still going to hit him.
This is Anime physics. With that slash the pieces will separate, making a gap between them wide enough to pass at his sides, leaving him completely unharmed.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I really want to see Gunny kick this guy's ass. I am so sick of the sephiroth super human thing. I don't care how, I don't care if it's anticlimactic, I just want to see this guy get wrecked as quickly and messily as possible.

Bonus points for that face when gunny threw the tank, though.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
09philj said:
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the slice. :p

Fappy said:
I like how he's using a katana draw technique for a sabre. Oh, anime.
And that was the 2nd thing I thought when I saw the slice. :p

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
He's doing it wrong. It's supposed to be like: "That was pretty interesting, but dropping a tank on me is cheating... Take it back!"

Jeivar

Jan 26, 2015
Oh-kay. Gunny is like Marvel Comics-level powerful. He really does put the super in supersoldier.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
CyanCat47 said:
Gunny might be in trouble after all. Innitially I thought he was going to take the hit because he believed his armour was stronger than the sword only to find that he suddenly has archer stats and can't take two melee attacks
Come on, Cyancat. Swords are always more powerful than anything else in JRPGs (Except sometimes magic/summons). Plus, I think his sword is made of the crystals. <-<

Probably makes it even more dangerous.

CyanCat47_v1legacy

Nov 26, 2014
Imp Emissary said:
CyanCat47 said:
Come on, Cyancat. Swords are always more powerful than anything else in JRPGs (Except sometimes magic/summons). Plus, I think his sword is made of the crystals. <-<

true but many JRPGs and Anime series and Manga series have a case of "Goku-protagonist syndrome" in which a protagonist who is a complete idiot who wins against the evil genious simply by continuing to use brute force and nakama-generated plot armour. personally i'm rooting for Ghirahim junior purely on principle

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Oh Gunny, don't you know the rule about JRPG characters and swords? The antagonist with the sword will always, ALWAYS, do something cool/impossible-in-real-life with it.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
CyanCat47 said:
Imp Emissary said:
CyanCat47 said:

true but many JRPGs and Anime series and Manga series have a case of "Goku-protagonist syndrome" in which a protagonist who is a complete idiot who wins against the evil genious simply by continuing to use brute force and nakama-generated plot armour. personally i'm rooting for Ghirahim junior purely on principle
Possible, but as others have mentioned, this may also be one of those, suppose to lose/run away fights.

I do understand what you're talk about though. Still, even Goku got his butt kicked from time to time. Yeah, he came back later to win, but I don't think this will be the end of Gunny. Even if he does lose.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
09philj said:
When a three foot long sword can cut a thirty foot long tank in half like that, I'd say all bets are off.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
09philj said:
In anime there ARE no physics, just cool factor ;)
As soon as you bisect something it automatically becomes impossible for the resulting halves to hurt you...

But that *would* be hilarious; cut the tank in half, then die from the impact anyway :D