New Blood and Wine Video Shows Off The Witcher 3's Beautiful New Region

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
New Blood and Wine Video Shows Off The Witcher 3's Beautiful New Region

Toussaint is a lovely, yet deadly, mistress.

The May 31 release [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167398-The-Witcher-3-Blood-and-Wine-Expansion-Gets-May-31-Release-Date#&gid=gallery_6226&pid=1] of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's upcoming Blood and Wine expansion is approaching, and today CD Projekt Red released a new trailer, called "New Region," which shows off the stunning new setting, Toussaint.

The new region features lovely vineyards, interesting people, and, of course, monsters. Because it is The Witcher.

From the video description: "Become professional monster slayer Geralt of Rivia and explore Toussaint, a remote land untouched by war, where you will unravel the horrifying secret behind a beast terrorizing the kingdom. With all trails leading to dead ends, only a witcher can solve the mystery and survive the evil lurking in the night."

The expansion adds more than 30 hours and 90 new quests. "It's something that I think gamers will remember for a long time," game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz said recently [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167400-Dev-Says-Blood-and-Wine-will-be-a-Graphics-Upgrade-from-Witcher-3], confirming that there will be no new content released for The Witcher 3 after Blood and Wine releases. Senior environment artist Len de Gracia recently said that the expansion is "a graphics upgrade from the base game," and that the team "literally started from scratch," learning from mistakes made during the creation of the main game.

[gallery=6242]

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
More hyped for this than pretty much any game coming out this year. Looks fantastic. Vampires were interesting in the base game, but from a gameplay perspective, they didn't really deliver what the lore entries suggested. I'm betting they continue the trend of tougher enemies from Hearts of Stone and make the vampires truly live up to their bestiary entries.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
I'm pretty excited for this, probably moreso than any full game releases this year.

Also the series composer just posted the expansions full theme on youtube and it is stunning.

I genuinely got chills listening to it.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
If this expac has nothing to do with vampires I'll be extremely disappointed. I tire of fighting the feral cousins of the old aristocrats more prominent in other fantasy settings. I'd accept vampire fish people like that episode of Doctor Who.