Battlefield 1 Gets 15-Second Teaser of In-Game Footage that Looks Impressive

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Battlefield 1 Gets 15-Second Teaser of In-Game Footage that Looks Impressive

A brief teaser for Battlefield 1 shows off some impressive looking in-game footage.

Since Battlefield 1 was learned more about what will be in the game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167374-Battlefield-1-World-War-1-Shooter-Launch-Trailer#&gid=gallery_6222&pid=1], but we haven't seen any in-game footage. That changed this morning with the release of a brief 15-second teaser that was posted on Twitter.

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/739896871976472576]

The short video features a soldier wielding a trench club charging another soldier who is trying to reload in time to take out the charging enemy.

The teaser is labeled as "In-game footage" and sports the Xbox One logo, so it's probably safe to assume it's from that version of the game. It's also important to note that "In-game footage" isn't exactly the same thing as "gameplay footage."

That said, it certainly looks like Battlefield 1 is shaping up to look good, if nothing else. We're sure to learn more when EA Play [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166137-EA-to-Skip-E3-Booth-in-Favor-of-Its-Own-Events] kicks off Sunday.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I actually enjoy Battlefield's marketing. They're having a gameplay stream on Sunday with practically every popular Battlefield YouTuber or streamer, hell, even some random CoD personalities are joining in. If there's anything DICE has learned from the fucked up launch of BF4, it's to pay attention to the community.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
If that gunner had bothered to set up his weapon and had his loader aiding him, trench club man would be dead.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Every DICE game since BF2 has been gorgeous, I would expect nothing less.

The real question is whether it works or not. BF4 got there in the end, but it took a full year of it's entire player base screaming at DICE to make it happen. I do miss every DLC announcement being met with a chorus of Fix The Game!!! messages.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
if it comes with an even remotely decent campaign I might get this title. EA published or not.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Well that just told us...nothing new. I really don't like the trailer-for-a-trailer trend. There's way too much effort going in marketing. That counts for the entire industry, not just EA.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
At least it looks Battlefront good, BF3 and 4 had some weird color grading thing going on with so much contrast that I usually had a hard time seeing the enemies.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
You need "ingame footage" in "".

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Soviet Heavy said:
If that gunner had bothered to set up his weapon and had his loader aiding him, trench club man would be dead.
Do you not realize the kind of time/effort it required to load guns back in those days of very early development machine guns?!~

fix-the-spade said:
Every DICE game since BF2 has been gorgeous, I would expect nothing less.

The real question is whether it works or not. BF4 got there in the end, but it took a full year of it's entire player base screaming at DICE to make it happen. I do miss every DLC announcement being met with a chorus of Fix The Game!!! messages.
Nope. That cops-and-robbers junk game was just awful looking and play.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Deathfish15 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Do you not realize the kind of time/effort it required to load guns back in those days of very early development machine guns?!~
Which is why they were used in teams, usually fighting from fixed positions. You have a gunner and a belt feeder to reload. Section machine guns like the Lewis gun also had teams, even though they used pan magazines which you just slapped on.

Transdude1996

Mar 18, 2014
Soviet Heavy said:
Deathfish15 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Which is why they were used in teams, usually fighting from fixed positions. You have a gunner and a belt feeder to reload. Section machine guns like the Lewis gun also had teams, even though they used pan magazines which you just slapped on.
Something tells me BF1 will be very reliant on team-based gameplay (And, I mean much more than the usual team-based shooter).

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
As someone who doesn't play FPS games, I must ask:

Does DICE have a history of visually downgrading their games compared to their trailers?

TotalerKrieger

Nov 12, 2011
Deathfish15 said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Eh, operating belt-fed machine guns from the WWI era really isn't much different than operating modern belt-fed machine guns. Besides improvements in handling and reliability...the designs have not changed that much. The M2 Browning .50cal that is still in use by many NATO nations, among others, was actually designed at the end of WWI by John Browning.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Bedinsis said:
As someone who doesn't play FPS games, I must ask:

Does DICE have a history of visually downgrading their games compared to their trailers?
Not really. Battlefield games have always looked good. There may be some downgrading, but nothing even remotely close as to what Ubisoft has been doing.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
I will get this game based on the sole fact that it goes back to the World Wars instead of all this new modern crap, I miss the World War 2 games and I've never played a World War 1 game, can't wait for this