Jon Snow Actor Kit Harington to Play Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Villain

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Jon Snow Actor Kit Harington to Play Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare's Villain

He may or may not know something.

Kit Harington, the actor who brought Game of Thrones character Jon Snow to life (ha) will play the part of the villain in upcoming Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Activision and Infinity Ward have announced in a press release.

"Kit is an amazing talent, and the consummate pro," said Taylor Kurosaki, narrative director, Infinity Ward. "Our story is about an epic showdown of opposing forces, and Kit immersed himself into the role and truly became the embodiment of the enemy, the Settlement Defense Front. We can't wait for fans to see Kit play an entirely different kind of character."

In addition, Activision and Infinity Ward say that they have "worked closely" with director Guy Ritchie on developing Harington's character.

"Guy Ritchie is a friend of the franchise, so it was great to have him back to work with us, assisting in bringing Kit Harington's character to life in Infinite Warfare," said Dave Stohl, studio head, Infinity Ward. "It meant a lot to us to develop the role into everything it could be. We're excited about the performance Kit delivered and can't wait to get it out to the public. We're committed to delivering a compelling story with rich character depth, and this was a special opportunity to add to our fantastic cast."

"Gathering this level of talent together for this role speaks to our studio partner's drive to deliver a powerful narrative in Call of Duty," said Tim Ellis, chief marketing officer, Activision. "We challenge ourselves to constantly be fresh and expansive in creating gripping, immersive experiences that are exciting to play for our fans every year."

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare releases on 4th November for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
"Jon Snow Actor?"

Didn't know the news reader would be interested in voice acting. Love that man.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Once again another Game of Thrones actor who can't seem to find a good prospect to expand their acting careers.

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) for Destiny. (Voice acting was so bad that Nolan North re-did all his lines)

Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) for X-Men Apocalypse. (I have watched a few reviews and no one said anything about the actress being remakrable or unremarkable)

Nikolaj (Jaime Lannister) for Gods of Egypt.

Natilie Dormer (Margery Tyrell) in The Forest.

Now this.

At least Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) ended up in the Witcher 3.

Edit: And what is up with Call of Duty releasing on my Birthday?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Stop it, call of duty. Stop it, Activision. Just...stop embarrassing yourselves. You're not cool by trying to enter pop culture's slipstream. And to highlight how little i know of this Throne of games TV series, i thought Jon Snow was the actor's name the way every fucking site refered to him using it. Now another part of me has died inside. Where's the wine at?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Hey, Kevin Spacey was more fun than whatever Black Ops III was. Bring on the outdated motion cap and cheesy dialogue!

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Once again another Game of Thrones actor who can't seem to find a good prospect to expand their acting careers.

Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) for Destiny. (Voice acting was so bad that Nolan North re-did all his lines)

Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) for X-Men Apocalypse. (I have watched a few reviews and no one said anything about the actress being remakrable or unremarkable)

Now this.

Its the fresh faces that are struggling. The older actors, the ones stabbed, stabbed stabbed stabbed, have been in a lot of UK/Irish dramas.

Saying bad words about Charles Dance is like saying you would slap a baby. You shall do no such thing!!

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Parasondox said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Now this.

Its the fresh faces that are struggling. The older actors, the ones stabbed, stabbed stabbed stabbed, have been in a lot of UK/Irish dramas.

Saying bad words about Charles Dance is like saying you would slap a baby. You shall do no such thing!!
I have a man-crush on Charles Dance. That guy is an actor's actor:

https://youtu.be/39oLCu-nnAQ?list=PL_Ayf_0hWW_jTu2A8D53cZ2IHvGZV1mnu&t=432

https://youtu.be/ukonc86-Uto?list=PL_Ayf_0hWW_jTu2A8D53cZ2IHvGZV1mnu&t=298

This was pretty much the movie that got him the Tywin Lannister role.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Pretty sure Charles Dance already has a well established acting career long before he got any where near the Game Of Thrones, fuck he played Patrician Vetinari so that's good enough by itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMinUMCdc0g

Oh as for Lord Snow playing... yeah whatever it's a COD game couldn;t even be bothered finishing my lack of ca....

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Bob_McMillan said:
Hey, Kevin Spacey was more fun than whatever Black Ops III was. Bring on the outdated motion cap and cheesy dialogue!
Casting Kevin Spacey as the bad guy improves pretty much anything, no matter how cheesy it is.

Trouble is they killed him at the end, bit of a misstep that.

Apr 17, 2009
Are people really going to take Harrington seriously as a villain? I can barely take him seriously as Jon Snow, with that permanently baffled expression he wears that looks like someone is constantly flicking things a the back of his head and he never quite catch them. Though I suppose if he's an animated character they can do something to make him look a bit more menacing

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
Hilarious. The man who seems perpetually perplexed as an actor trying to be a villain. God I hope this game will at least be aware of that. It's obviously only doing this because Kevin Spacey voiced the villain in "Advanced Warfare", except him and that campaign were glorious.

Samtemdo8 said:
It always releases on the first Friday[footnote]It was Tuesday back when Tuesday was the release date for most products[/footnote] of the first or second week of November.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Traitor's blood. Jon Snow betrayed the Night's Watch, and now the Settlement Defense Front are traitors to all humanity. What else could you expect from a bastard?

Samtemdo8 said:

Now this.

Peter Dinklage has appeared in plenty of stuff outside GoT, I'd hardly call that "struggling." Also, I haven't played Destiny, but I understood that it was the lines itself that were the issue, not the manner of delivery.

Sophie Turner began acting in 2011 - GoT was her debut role, and appearing in a blockbuster at all is a signal that you have enough clout for the studio to put you in there (same reason Dinklage got to play Trask).

Natallie Dormer...what? She has a filmography that spans over a decade, and she's "struggling?"

And Jaime's acting career spans since the 1990s, so, yeah.

I'm not sure how any of that counts as "struggling."

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
Traitor's blood. Jon Snow betrayed the Night's Watch, and now the Settlement Defense Front are traitors to all humanity. What else could you expect from a bastard?

Samtemdo8 said:

Now this.

Peter Dinklage has appeared in plenty of stuff outside GoT, I'd hardly call that "struggling." Also, I haven't played Destiny, but I understood that it was the lines itself that were the issue, not the manner of delivery.

Sophie Turner began acting in 2011 - GoT was her debut role, and appearing in a blockbuster at all is a signal that you have enough clout for the studio to put you in there (same reason Dinklage got to play Trask).

Natallie Dormer...what? She has a filmography that spans over a decade, and she's "struggling?"

I will give you Peter Dinklage yes.

But these actors have now all became household names because of Game of Thrones success. And I feel these recent projects they went through is not helping their image of being "hey its that guy from Game of Thrones"

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Samtemdo8 said:
I'll weigh in there, she's terrible.

Good for her as when talking about expanding a career, being arguably a main character in a blockbuster is the way to go. But yeah, she sucks.

It's like the casting people just looked at the role, decided they needed a young redhead and picked the only one anybody could come up. She's in Game of Thrones, that's popular, so we'll go with that.

She's shit in Game of Thrones, thus she's predictably shit in X-Men

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Samtemdo8 said:
Hawki said:

Samtemdo8 said:

Now this.

I will give you Peter Dinklage yes.

But these actors have now all became household names because of Game of Thrones success. And I feel these recent projects they went through is not helping their image of being "hey its that guy from Game of Thrones"
That could be said for a lot of actors though. Alec Guiness resented being associated with Star Wars for instance.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
I think you're forgetting his funny, but brief performance as the angry writer from Elf. He's been in a good amount of other stuff too, but how could you forget the angry elf!

OT: I cannot picture this guy playing a particularly compelling villain. I like him as Jon snow, but if I'm being completely honest, the acting isn't exactly the highlight of GoT. Sure, Dinklage has put in some great moments here and there and everyone usually comes across as believable, but it's not usually anything to write home about. I really doubt this performance will be any less phoned in as Dinklebot.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
RedDeadFred said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I think you're forgetting his funny, but brief performance as the angry writer from Elf. He's been in a good amount of other stuff too, but how could you forget the angry elf!

OT: I cannot picture this guy playing a particularly compelling villain. I like him as Jon snow, but if I'm being completely honest, the acting isn't exactly the highlight of GoT. Sure, Dinklage has put in some great moments here and there and everyone usually comes across as believable, but it's not usually anything to write home about. I really doubt this performance will be any less phoned in as Dinklebot.
I know he is funny, EVERYONE knows he is funny:

And I like him for it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Bob_McMillan said:
Agreed. Kevin Spacey was half the reason I enjoyed AW as much as I did. Especially the cute way the game tries to make you think he's not the villian from the start.

Back to the subject at hand, anyone want to lay bets on someone in game telling his character "You know nothing!"?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
fix-the-spade said:
Bob_McMillan said:
Casting Kevin Spacey as the bad guy improves pretty much anything, no matter how cheesy it is.

I was more sad they ruined all the moral greyness they had going by having ATLAS running concentration camps.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Dalisclock said:
fix-the-spade said:
Bob_McMillan said:

I was more sad they ruined all the moral greyness they had going by having ATLAS running concentration camps.
They were just camps. I remember people playing baseball and chatting normally, with the occasional hit-and-runner, which is to be expected when people are suffering from general cabin fever. Otherwise I don't think the living conditions were that awful.

I know this because I played some a few weeks ago. I just need the game to stop crashing on me.