Fable Fortune Kickstarter Campaign Suspended After Securing Outside Funding

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Fable Fortune Kickstarter Campaign Suspended After Securing Outside Funding

[kickstarter=flamingfowl/fable-fortune-a-fable-ccg-with-co-op-pvp-and-quest]

Former Lionhead developers' new project, Fable Fortune, has secured funding outside of the Kickstarter campaign.

Flaming Fowl Studios, the new indie studio formed by former Lionhead team members, has posted an update to its Kickstarter page for collectible card RPG Fable Fortune. The campaign was canceled due to the studio receiving outside funding. Combined with the studio's personal funds, development will not only continue - the studio is now focusing all efforts on a Closed Beta. In the post [https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/flamingfowl/fable-fortune-a-fable-ccg-with-co-op-pvp-and-quest/posts/1609832], the developers thanked the backers who had contributed for a "positive, constructive, and downright entertaining experience."

"It's in this spirit that today we can share some amazing news with you. Thanks to your enthusiasm and support, we are happy to announce that we've successfully secured additional development funding! This, alongside our ongoing personal investment, will mean that we can continue to improve the game and allow even more of you to start playing," the post continued.

"With the immediate future of Fable Fortune now secure, we have taken the decision to end our Kickstarter campaign early to focus on releasing a Closed Beta build as quickly as possible. As we've always stated, we want to make this game with your help, your feedback and your input. We have huge plans for Fortune and we know that whatever happens in the future, it all started with our already incredible community."

Lionhead was closed by Microsoft in April [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167300-Lionhead-Studios-Closure-Confirmed-by-Microsoft], and while the fate of Fable Legends was grim, the team was able to reach a license agreement for the franchise for use with Fable Fortune.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Let me guess, Microsoft? It doesn't take a genius to figure that those guys will need the blessing of MS to pull their game though because it's copyrighted and it's blatant that they're ripping off assets.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Do people still cared for this franchise? The game was lost to me after the first game. Also yawn, another card game from a game/ franchise, as if we need another one.

Sould1n

Jan 23, 2011
I am so very happy that they were able to secure funding for this game, as it certainly seemed like the kickstarter would fail, and I could not imagine Microsoft willing to lend the licence a second time. As a fan of the Fable series, card games, and being able to play both those things on a console; I'm thrilled at the end result.

I also save a tenner now as well!

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
Let the Fable franchise die. It's needed to for a very long time.

Especially if the only way to keep it alive as it thrashes on the floor, crying and begging for death, is to attach it to a fucking Hearthstone ripoff. It was a stupid idea for Bethesda, and their franchise is a thousand times more identifiable than Fable.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Not asking money from fans sounds like a much better option in this case, I doubt anyone really believes what they make will be even remotely decent to play.