First DOOM Update Bringing Photo Mode and More Later This Week

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
First DOOM Update Bringing Photo Mode and More Later This Week

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1332/1332826.jpgThe first update for DOOM is coming this week, and will add Photo Mode, classic weapon placement, and more.

If you've always wanted to get more pictures of your exploits in Hell, the first DOOM update has you covered. When it releases on Thursday, it will bring a new Photo Mode to the game for taking in-game screenshots.

For the fans of old-school DOOM, this update will also include the option to switch the on-screen weapon placement back to the centered view that the original game featured.

In addition, you'll see some additions to SnapMap, including original author names on maps, new sky and window props, and more.

Besides those changes, you can also expect a number of balance changes and bugfixes. My favorite one this time around is "Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS." I hate it when my game freezes at nearly 150 frames per second.

You can see the complete patch notes over on Bethesda.net [https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/doom-update-1-coming-june-30th/2016/06/28/152].

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Just checked the patch notes. So it doesn't fix the random crashing? That makes it a complete dissapointment.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
ffronw said:
Besides those changes, you can also expect a number of balance changes and bugfixes. My favorite one this time around is "Fixed freeze when opening weapon wheel at more than 142 FPS."
Actually, this make me rather happy. That bug all but made the weapon wheel useless to me during my playthroughs.

Seriously. It was really annoying.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Vigormortis said:
Actually, this make me rather happy. That bug all but made the weapon wheel useless to me during my playthroughs.

Seriously. It was really annoying.
Oh, it was super annoying. I just love that arbitrary "142 FPS"

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
archvile93 said:
Just checked the patch notes. So it doesn't fix the random crashing? That makes it a complete dissapointment.
I came to see if anyone else was crashing semi-regularly. Great game but I never know when it's going to crap out on me.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Huh.

The new viewmodel is rather nifty if you ask me. Will definetly give it a try when the patch lands.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
JUMBO PALACE said:
archvile93 said:
I came to see if anyone else was crashing semi-regularly. Great game but I never know when it's going to crap out on me.
Check the steam forums. I can assure you you're not the only one.