New Weapons and Abilities from Long War Team Added to XCOM 2 Steam Workshop

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
New Weapons and Abilities from Long War Team Added to XCOM 2 Steam Workshop

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1335/1335188.jpgTwo new mods from the team behind the Long War mod have made their way onto the XCOM 2 Steam Workshop.

One of the most popular mods created for XCOM: Enemy Unknown was Long War, and its creators are back with more content for XCOM 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/116803-XCOM-2-Review]. Their two latest mods add a number of perks for your soldiers, and a whole new laser tier or weaponry.

The Long War Perk Pack offers an additional perk option each time a soldier levels. It also adds over 70 new or modified abilities that can be assigned to soldiers, gear, or aliens. It adds three new classes to the base game's four, and adds 10 new Personal Combat Sim items as perks, allowing players to create their own classes. Finally, it modifies the tactical hud to handle 14 ability icons at once. You can find the Long War Perk Pack on the Steam Workshop [https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968].

The second mod is the Long War Laser Pack. With this mod, you'll gain access to a pulsed laser tier of weapons that will be found between the Magnetic and Beam (Plasma) weapons on the tech tree. Each laser weapon has a new model, new textures, and custom sounds and effects.

Long War Studios announced five mods would be coming to XCOM 2 post-launch. The Toolbox mod was the first, and these two new mods are the second and third. Next up will be an Alien Pack with 10 new enemies. There will be a fifth mod down the road, but it has not been announced at this time.

XCOM 2 recently got a new DLC as well, titled Shen's Last Gift [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167837-XCOM-2-DLC-Shens-Last-Gift-Launches-Watch-New-Trailer].

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
So does the Long War team get a commission off these mods based off downloads or what is the arrangement they made with Firaxis?

Still think it's awesome and makes me wish X-COM 2 could run off my laptop q.q

Amaror

Apr 15, 2011
Diablo1099 said:
So does the Long War team get a commission off these mods based off downloads or what is the arrangement they made with Firaxis?

Still think it's awesome and makes me wish X-COM 2 could run off my laptop q.q
I don't think so. I think the major part of their cooperation with Firaxis was that they got the game earlier in order to make those first three mods of theirs. Though don't quote me on that.
But they are currently working on a xcom-like game of their own and the added reputation from being this will known in the xcom-modding scene should help when they try to sell their own game.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
On the plus side, YAY! Long War is coming to XCOM2

On the down side, OH GOD HELP ME, LONG WAS IS COMING TO XCOM2! Where's my chastity belt!? I need to protect my ass!

My name is Fiction

Sep 27, 2010
As a Commander still coping with a Gauss Rush in Xcom EW Longwar I am glad to see them producing these quality expansions on Xcom 2.