Fallout Shelter is Now Available on PC

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Fallout Shelter is Now Available on PC

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1336/1336261.jpgYou can now play Bethesda's vault-building strategy game on your PC.

Bethesda released Fallout Shelter for mobile devices in July of last year, and the app earned a crafting system [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141613-Fallout-Shelter-Makes-5-Million-in-2-Weeks], and more. If you wanted to build your own vault, but didn't want to do it on your phone, you can now get Fallout Shelter on PC.

All you need to do is download the Bethesda Launcher [http://download.cdp.bethesda.net/BethesdaNetLauncher_Setup.exe]. Once you've done that, you can install the game.

The newest version not only adds PC support, it also adds an all-new quest system to the game. You can take control of your dwellers, head out to new locations, and form groups of dwellers to take on bigger challenges. You'll also get more control over your dwellers in the new combat system, which lets you direct attacks.

The download is free, so if you want to play Fallout Shelter, all you need is Bethesda.net [http://download.cdp.bethesda.net/BethesdaNetLauncher_Setup.exe].

[gallery=6337]

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
You had me at the headline.

I tried to play it on my iPad, but it was a first-gen mini and would crash after 50 dwellers. I think my GTX 980 can handle it just fine, though.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
I've already said it, yet it bears repeating:

DoPo said:
Wait, you could already play it on PC:

1. Head over to Bluestacks [http://www.bluestacks.com/] download it and install it

Bluestacks is a virtual Android platform for the PC. You can install and Android apps on it.

2. Log in using a Google account

3. Install Fallout Shelter

4. Play Fallout Shelter

MegaGame

Sep 27, 2013
DoPo said:
I've already said it, yet it bears repeating:

DoPo said:
Wait, you could already play it on PC:

1. Head over to Bluestacks [http://www.bluestacks.com/] download it and install it

Bluestacks is a virtual Android platform for the PC. You can install and Android apps on it.

2. Log in using a Google account

3. Install Fallout Shelter

4. Play Fallout Shelter
except Bluestacks is bad, it does android good, as it works the same way in having stuff you cant control if you want to use it.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
In all seriousness, does anybody actually play it anymore? i thought this was just a little hype-thing leading up to Fallout 4.

Matthew Lynch

Jun 26, 2010
chocolate pickles said:
In all seriousness, does anybody actually play it anymore? i thought this was just a little hype-thing leading up to Fallout 4.
I do...its a fun little hobby game

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Played it on Bluestacks, even dropped 10$ on it. Gonna suck to start over (Unless I can still log in via Google play?).

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
the bethesda launcher is such a slow thing to use for me... 2 minutes to even log in

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
inu-kun said:
Anything new and interesting added after the launch? I see you can build building now (or something like that...)
You can explore buildings in the wasteland or send people on quests. More customization has been added to the dwellers in the form of clothing and facial configuration as well.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Two big, gorilla thumbs up to Bethesda for continuing to support Fallout Shelter. I honestly thought they were just going to fart this out and forget about it after Fallout 4 came out.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Is this working for people? Mine just spins indefinitely....

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
kuolonen said:
I was exited for this, then found out I can't link my android vault.
The saves are compatible, you just need to get the saved vault from your phone and put into the save game directory on the PC.

https://www.reddit.com/r/foshelter/comments/4sptkx/transferring_saves_from_android_to_pc/

EDIT: Just remember at that the game isn't synced between devices, so if you go off playing on your phone you'll need repeat the process (copy save from PC to Phone), otherwise you go back to whatever the PC version is during your time away.

Can't tell if any issues will crop up after a while so backup your saves as well. Hopefully Bethesda will incorporate some form of multiplatform cloud sync in the future.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Fallout Shelter on PC means Fallout Shelter trainers are on the way!

Although, you'll never catch me using one. Ever. Nope. No sireebobjim.

*hides his maxed-out in Happiness Vault 666 behind his back, which is suspiciously swimming in caps*

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
I was in support of this game until my vault that I had worked months on deleted itself when my phone malfunctioned. They shall get no more love from me :mad:

IamLEAM1983 said:

*Psst* They exist now. On Android.

Not that I have one.

Or have ever used one.

Or that I ever will use one.

[small]I'll see myself out[/small]

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Chewster said:
I was in support of this game until my vault that I had worked months on deleted itself when my phone malfunctioned. They shall get no more love from me :mad:

IamLEAM1983 said:

*Psst* They exist now. On Android.

Not that I have one.

Or have ever used one.

Or that I ever will use one.

[small]I'll see myself out[/small]
You can relax. I'll never tell anyone that - HAI GUISE, CHEWSTER USES ANDROID TRAINERS ON FALLOUT SHELT -

*ahem*

As I was saying, I won't tell anyone.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
im actually really enjoying it.. its changed a lot since i last played it.. having introduced crafting and the ability to explore found locations and even going on quests.