South Park: The Fractured but Whole Has a $190 Amazon Edition with a Remote Control Cartman

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
South Park: The Fractured but Whole Has a $190 Amazon Edition with a Remote Control Cartman

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1337/1337503.jpgThere's an Amazon-exclusive edition of South Park: The Fractured but Whole, and it includes a remote-control Cartman.

As if you needed another reason to want to buy South Park: The Fractured but Whole, Amazon is giving you one. There's a special edition of the game that's exclusive to Amazon, and it includes a remote control vehicle that's Cartman in his Coon costume riding on his big wheel.

You control Cartman using an app on your smartphone, and he'll spout off 12 different lines in the character of "The Coon." If you haven't been following the game, "The Coon" is Cartman's superhero alter ego.

Also included in the Remote Control Coon Mobile bundle is the Gold Edition game (which includes the season pass) and a steelbook case. This version sells for $190, but if you're a Prime member, you can save your usual 20 percent on the pre-order, and get your price down to $152. For comparison's sake, the Gold Edition, which is just the game and the Season Pass, will run you $90.

You can check out the bundle on Amazon [http://amzn.to/29ODwzJ]. South Park: The Fractured but Whole launches on PC, PS4, and Xbox One December 6.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
None of these remote control things ever come with a controller, it's very annoying. Wish they'd include something like that like they always used to.

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
"The Coon" isn't just Cartman's alter ego. It is his personified use of racism on a constant used in the form of a pun in order to pass by sensors.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
Cool, but still a bit steep for my taste.
And with steep i mean, ridiculously expensive.

And $90 for the gold version containing: the game, season pass, a steel disk case(that pc users won't even use), and an artwork book you probably only open once for 2 minutes.
This also qualifies as steep.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Does it say anything about Jews? It's not a Cartman product without being Hitler or saying Jew.

Jeroenr said:
a steel disk case(that pc users won't even use)
As an experienced console user, I wouldn't use it either. Those things can be so hard to remove the game that it stresses and cracks the fucking disc. I have had that happen to me twice.

Jeroenr

Nov 20, 2013
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Does it say anything about Jews? It's not a Cartman product without being Hitler or saying Jew.

Jeroenr said:
a steel disk case(that pc users won't even use)
As an experienced console user, I wouldn't use it either. Those things can be so hard to remove the game that it stresses and cracks the fucking disc. I have had that happen to me twice.
was aiming at PC users only needing the steam key, i have more than a couple of disks that have never seen the diskdrive. (not even sure the drive still works to be honest)
But if you have to forcefully pry the disk out, i can see how that's undesirable.(and breaking them plainly sucks)

But all that being said, the steel cases are often gorgeously designed and pleasing to look at.

Stil $90 for that? All steelcases i own were so at no premium, just developers/publishers choosing to at some artistic dept.

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
As cool as this looks, even if I had the cash, I'm not really interested. If it comes with a product key, it's probably exclusively redeemable on uPlay (and I'd rather it be on my Steam account).